ORLANDO, Fla., Nov. 28, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Lockheed Martin (NYSE : LMT ) announces a refocusing of their Training and Logistics Systems (TLS) business at today's Interservice/Industry Training, Simulation and Education Conference (I/ITSEC) at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida.
Lockheed Martin is leveraging core components of the most advanced and proven solutions across its training and logistics portfolio to drive scalable capabilities to the market. By deriving solutions from a core repository of highly complex technical data that sets a baseline for training and logistics products, Lockheed Martin will increase efficiency and save millions of dollars in engineering, development and proposal costs, which will allow the company to provide more predictable performance for customers while becoming more cost-competitive.
"We are restructuring our approach to better leverage internal resources to bring greater innovation and affordability to the market," said Dave Scott, vice president of Business Development for Lockheed Martin Training and Logistics Solutions. "We continuously analyze our operations to ensure we are positioned to deliver the most reliable, sustainable and affordable solutions to our customers."
Lockheed Martin's existing training and logistics products will now fall within five areas:
- SciosView™ –Integrated suite of proven logistics products providing full mission data support for air, land, and sea platforms.
- SciosTrain™ – Platform-based virtual training systems that employ advanced technologies to accelerate operational proficiency.
- SciosTest™ –A comprehensive set of world class test and support soltutions to ensure mission success and warfighter safety.
- SciosLive™ – Live, virtual and constructive training environments using augmented/virtually reality to deliver state-of-the-art training.
- SciosReady™ – Turn-key solutions for performance-based training programs that meet evolving demands for customers around the globe and provide the shortest path to learning.
The term "Scios" is derived from the Latin word, scio, meaning knowledge, and represents Lockheed Martin's smart, technologically-driven approach to delivering the most advanced training and logistics solutions.
To learn more about the new Scios offerings and Lockheed Martin's overall training and logistics solutions, visit booth 849 at IITSEC. F-35 training, Turn-key Training, F-16 Training and other flight and ground training technologies will be featured at the show.
For more information, visit www.lockheedmartin.com/training.
About Lockheed Martin
Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs approximately 98,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services.
SOURCE Lockheed Martin