SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 17, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global low GI rice market size is expected to reach USD 4.60 billion by 2027, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., expanding at a CAGR of 4.9% from 2020 to 2027. The growing diabetic population across the globe is a crucial factor for market growth. Moreover, shifting consumer preferences towards healthy food products for a healthy lifestyle are expected to open new opportunities for the market over the forecast period.
Key suggestions from the report:
- The increasing prevalence of chronic diseases, such as diabetes, obesity, and cardiovascular diseases, among the working-class and old age populations, is a key factor for the industry growth
- The online retail segment was the largest distribution channel with a share of more than 55.0% in 2019. The low GI food products, especially rice, have limited product visibility and the market is also in a nascent stage. Hence, manufacturers in the market are targeting customers through social media, e-commerce websites, and other digital advertisement agencies
- The hypermarket and supermarket distribution channel segment is anticipated to be the fastest-growing segment with a CAGR of 5.3% from 2020 to 2027. With the increasing demand for diabetic food, customers across the globe are increasingly adopting low GI food products, especially rice
- The Asia Pacific was the largest regional market, accounting for a share of more than 50.0% in 2019. China and India are the two largest populated nations as well as the largest producers of rice in the world.
Read 80 page research report with ToC on "Low GI Rice Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Distribution Channel (Hypermarket & Supermarket, Online Retail), By Region (North America, Europe, APAC, Central & South America, MEA), And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027'' at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/low-glycemic-index-rice-market
The Glycemic Index (GI) of rice or any food is a relative ranking based on the rise of glucose level in the blood within two hours after consuming food. The increasing prevalence of various chronic diseases, such as diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, and blood pressure, is fueling the demand for low GI rice and other food products. Moreover, fluctuating diet patterns, negligible physical activity, and junk food dependence increase the diabetic population across the globe.
Asia Pacific was the largest regional market for low GI rice, accounting for a share of more than 50.0% in 2019. The diabetic population in the region is continuously rising in some of the major economies and highly populated nations, such as India. For instance, according to the International Diabetes Federation, the global diabetes prevalence in 2019 was 9.3% (463 million people), which is likely to rise to 10.2% (578 million) by 2030 and 10.9% (700 million) by 2045. Such prevalence of the disease is propelling the demand for low GI food products, especially rice.
Grand View Research has segmented the global low GI rice market on the basis of the distribution channel and region:
- Low GI Rice Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Hypermarket & Supermarket
- Online Retail
- Low GI Rice Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- The U.S.
- The U.K.
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- List of Key Players of Low GI Rice Market
- Ricegrowers Limited
- Nestiva Green LLP
- Chaman Lal Setia Exports Ltd.
- SDLG Radiant Private Limited
- Sugar Watchers
- First Choice Foods Pvt. Ltd.
Find more research reports on Consumer F&B Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Fruit Snacks Market– The global fruit snacks market size was valued at USD 4.92 billion in 2019 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.2% from 2020 to 2027.
- Ketogenic Diet Market – The global ketogenic diet market size was valued at USD 9.57 billion in 2019 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.5% from 2020 to 2027.
- Sugar-free Confectionery Market– The global sugar-free confectionery market size was valued at USD 1.88 billion in 2019 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.1% from 2020 to 2027.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.