NEW YORK, Oct. 15, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- October marks a major milestone for Marshalls, one of the nation's leading off-price retailers, as they celebrate their 1,000th store opening. Celebrity stylist Brad Goreski will join the fun in Manhattan, New York on October 15. Alongside Marshalls brand ambassadors, Brad will provide little surprises for fans throughout the day, including gift cards and a selection of designer merchandise from the store as limited giveaways.
The brand ambassadors will be located at two locations in Manhattan; East 23rd Street and 5th Avenue and East 14th Street and Union Square.
"I'm so excited to partner with Marshalls this fall to celebrate the 1,000th store milestone and help bring back the little surprises in our lives," says Brad Goreski. "Stores like Marshalls are great because no trip is ever the same. You'll be surprised each time by the quality designer pieces you can find at incredible prices." Additional tips from Brad in adding an element of surprise into style include:
Brad's Top 10 Styling Tips
- Switch it up: Try a bunch of different styles and trends and you'll be surprised by which ones work best for you! That's the key to really finding your true authentic style. The great thing about Marshalls is the variety of designer and brand merchandise. From layering pieces for the fall to evening wear for special occasions this season, there are surprising finds at every turn.
- Choose a color scheme: Tone on tone neutrals can be very chic for fall.
- Add a pop of print: If you are not adventurous try incorporating on-trend prints in your accessories—like a leopard print shoe or a plaid clutch.
- Fringe is in: Don't be afraid of some fringe- try a fringe jacket this fall with your basic tee and jeans with some sneakers for a modern bohemian feel. I can always find unique designer pieces at stores like Marshalls because it always feels like a fun treasure hunt!
- Sparkle and shine: A little sparkle never hurt anyone…add some sparkle to your evening looks, especially somewhere unexpected like your shoes. Even better, try a metallic fabric!
- White out: Forget the rules! Wear white all year round. Winter white is a MUST in every fall wardrobe.
- Layer it up: Make sure when you layer that you mix heavy and light fabrics. Try a chunky knit with a long chiffon, or silky shirt underneath and skinny jeans.
- Worry less, celebrate more: We are very quick to talk about the things we don't like about ourselves or our bodies but we should really be focusing on the areas we love—that's what you will want to highlight. Choose surprising accessories to draw the attention!
- Tights are right: Black tights are a great go to for when the weather gets cold, but try a different color like burgundy or dark green to add more interest to your outfit. Also, try tights with body shapers already built in! It's a two for one!
- Looking expensive doesn't have to be expensive: Just because you wear designer doesn't mean you have to pay high prices. You'll be surprised by the designer pieces you can find at Marshalls, all at incredible prices!
Marshalls is one of the nation's leading off-price family retailers with more than 1,000 stores spanning 48 states and Puerto Rico. Since opening its first store more than 40 years ago, the Marshalls name has become synonymous with off-price shopping. Marshalls shoppers can find a surprising selection of high-quality, on-trend brand name and designer merchandise for men, women and children, footwear, accessories and home merchandise - all at incredible prices.
For fashion tips, style alerts and more, visit us on Facebook at facebook.com/marshalls, Twitter at @marshalls, Pinterest at pinterest.com/marshalls and Instagram at @marshalls. For more fashion news and images, visit our newsroom at media.marshallstjmaxx.com.
For more fashion news and images, visit our newsroom at media.marshallsnewsroom.com.