SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 11, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global modified starch market size is expected to reach USD 15.36 billion by 2025 expanding at a CAGR of 5.7%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The global market is expected to grow significantly during the forecast period on account of its consumption in numerous applications including food & beverage, paper, pharmaceuticals, textile and other applications, such as coatings, adhesives, and biodegradable polymers. Growing concern regarding health and nutrition along with changing preference towards healthy appetite is also likely to be a major factor driving the market.
Key suggestions from the report:
- The global modified starch market was valued at USD 9.36 billion in 2016 and is anticipated to ascend at a CAGR of 5.7%
- In terms of value, food & beverage application segment led the overall market in 2016 and held 37.6% of the global share
- Cationic starch is expected witness significant growth on account of their increasing usage in the paper and textile industries
- Several companies including Archer Daniels Midland Company and Cargill Inc. are investing heavily in R&D for the development of advanced technologies
- Key market players include Cargill Foods; The Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM); Ingredion, Inc.; Tate & Lyle PLC; and Roquette Frères
Read 152 page research report with TOC on "Modified Starch Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Starch Esters & Ethers, Resistant, Cationic), By Material, By Function, By End Use (F&B, Animal Feed, Paper, Textiles), And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/modified-starch-market
Escalating demand for natural sweeteners in energy drinks and non-carbonated soft drinks will increase the product penetration over the forecast period. Companies are invest more in R&D for the development of effective water soluble modified starches, resulting in dynamic market conditions. In recent times, there has been a significant increase in product innovation to gain access to markets and to avail synergetic benefits. As a result, companies have increased their presence across the value chain by integrating and diversifying their product portfolio. Companies, such as Cargill, Inc., Ingredion Inc., and Roquette Frères are integrated across different stages of the value chain.
High demand from Asia Pacific along with rising consumption of convenience food is likely to augment market growth. Technological advancements in India, China, and Brazil are also expected to create new opportunities for industry growth. Moreover, government support to promote natural ingredients will open new avenues over the next few years. Product application in the textile industry is expected to drive the global modified starch market. Increasing use of product, such as starch graft copolymers, starch esters, starch ethers, and cationic starch, will drive this application segment. These starches are used in printing and finishing applications in textiles and have substituted polyvinyl alcohol.
Grand View Research has segmented the global modified starch market on the basis of product, material, function, end use, and region:
- Modified Starch Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Starch Esters and Ethers
- Resistant Starch
- Cationic Starch
- Pregelatinized Starch
- Modified Starch Material Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Modified Starch Function Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Modified Starch End-use Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Food & Beverage
- Animal Feed
- Modified Starch Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Plant Based Protein Supplements Market: Global plant based protein supplements market size was estimated at USD 4.18 billion in 2017. It is projected to expand at a CAGR of 7.9% and reach USD 7.70 billion by 2025
- Adult Vitamin Gummies Market: Global adult vitamin gummies market size was valued at USD 3.42 billion in 2017 and is expected to reach USD 6.79 billion by 2025, registering a CAGR of 9%
- Healthy Snacks Market: Global healthy snacks market size was valued at USD 23.05 billion in 2018 and is expected to reach USD 32.88 billion by 2025, expanding at a CAGR of 5.2%
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Media Contact :
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc