AUBURN HILLS, Mich., May 29, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
- Redesigned FCA Owner apps offer a wide range of VIN-specific information
- Owners can access maintenance schedules, service history, recall notices and more
- "Augmented reality" function, beginning with 2015 models, allows owners to use camera feature on mobile devices to scan and identify instrument panel icons
- Industry-first Accident Assistant feature helps owners easily document important accident information and quickly locate a certified repair facility
- Individual brand versions of the app support all FCA brand vehicles
- FCA Owner apps are free to download for both iOS and Android mobile devices
The Mopar brand has redesigned and enhanced its suite of FCA Owner apps, putting more resources than ever at owners' fingertips with easier access to vehicle and lifestyle information.
Beginning with model-year 2011 vehicles, Mopar was the industry-first to introduce smartphone vehicle-information apps for customers. The latest enhancement to FCA Owner apps, available free for download for both iOS and Android mobile devices, provides access to an archive of vehicle-specific information, including maintenance schedules, service history, recall notices and more.
"Mopar was first with smartphone vehicle apps for customers, and the redesigned FCA Owner apps provide another important extension of the vehicle ownership experience," said Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO – Mopar Brand Service, Parts and Customer Care, FCA. "From augmented reality to a wide variety of vehicle-specific information, FCA Owner apps are a comprehensive mobile tool for owners on-the-go in their customer journey every day."
Owners can tap into an "augmented reality" function through the app, using the camera feature on mobile devices to scan and identify certain instrument panel icons. How-to information and videos are also available, and owners can log and track vehicle mileage or monitor a purchased Mopar Vehicle Protection plan.
Push notifications allow the customer to regularly receive important information updates about their vehicle, including maintenance offers, open recall alerts and tricks and tips.
An enhanced Parking Reminder feature enables owners to set a pin at their parking location and a timer for the meter, and even provides walking directions back to the vehicle. Users can connect with dealerships to find a nearby location and view coupons, or for those looking to purchase a new ride, schedule a test drive and receive a quote.
An OEM industry-first Accident Assistant feature helps owners create accident records, upload insurance information and capture accident scene photos. Owners can search a Shop Locator by city or ZIP code to find a certified FCA collision repair facility and schedule an appointment to ensure their vehicle is repaired using original equipment parts. Owners can also access Roadside Assistance.
Owners can customize the app to highlight their favorite FCA US vehicle brand, choosing from Chrysler for Owners, Drive Dodge, Jeep® Vehicle Owners, Ram Toolbox, My FIAT and Mopar Owner's Companion versions of the app. Each brand version also supports other 2011-2015 FCA brand models — for instance, owners can download the Ram Toolbox version of the app but still access vehicle information on Jeep or Chrysler vehicles parked in their garage.
All brand versions of the app are available for download in both English and Spanish on mobile devices, including phones and tablets.
About Mopar Brand
Mopar (a simple contraction of the words Motor and PARts) was trademarked in 1937 with the launch of an antifreeze product, but it truly made its mark in the 1960s during the muscle-car era. From Mopar Performance Parts to enhance speed and handling for both road and racing use, the brand soon expanded to include technical service and customer support.
Today, Mopar is FCA's service, parts and customer-care brand and distributes more than 500,000 parts and accessories in over 150 markets around the world. With more than 50 parts distribution centers and 27 customer contact hubs globally, Mopar integrates service, parts and customer-care operations in order to enhance dealer and customer support worldwide. Mopar is the source for genuine parts and accessories for FCA brands.
Mopar parts are engineered together with the same teams that create factory-authorized specifications for FCA vehicles. This offers a direct connection that no other aftermarket parts company can provide. A complete list of Mopar accessories and performance parts is available at: www.mopar.com.
Mopar has introduced numerous industry-first features including:
- Vehicle-information apps: first to introduce smartphone vehicle-information applications, a new channel of communication with customers
- Electronic owner manuals: first to introduce traditional owner manuals in a DVD and brief user-guide format. First to offer complete vehicle-information kits in Spanish
- Wi-Fi: first to offer customers the ability to make their vehicle a wireless hot spot
- Wireless charging: first to introduce in-vehicle wireless charging for portable devices
- Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): first to market with interactive vehicle tracking device that sends owner a text when vehicle is driven too fast or too far based on pre-set parameters
- wiADVISOR: first to provide factory-connected tablet technology in the service lane for instant vehicle diagnosis
- wiTECH: first to support vehicle diagnosis and software updates leveraging off-the-shelf personal computers and a dedicated wireless tool network
- 2011 Mopar Challenger Drag Pak: first to introduce a 500-plus cubic-inch V-10 drag-race package car
SOURCE FCA US LLC