SPOKANE, Wash., April 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Natural Grocers will open a store in Spokane, Washington on Tuesday, April 26. The store, which opens at 8 a.m., is located at 4603 N Division St. This will be Natural Grocers' second location in Washington, but first location in Eastern Washington.
As part the of the April 26 grand opening, Natural Grocers will have a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 7:55 a.m. and will then distribute mystery gift cards to the first 50 customers in line. Gift cards will be in the amount of $5, $10, $25, $50 and $100. Customers won't know the amount of their gift card until they check out.
Grand Opening Celebration
The April 26 opening of the Spokane store begins with a live performance by local band, Slow Cookin, from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. The store will also offer a tasting of healthy and delicious food from its Paleo Wraps class, from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
This will be followed by a month-long series of free, grand opening celebrations, including food tastings, cooking demonstrations and nutrition classes with nutrition experts. All activities will take place from noon to 4 p.m. (unless noted otherwise) on the following dates:
- Saturday, April 30: Northwest Proud Local Products Fair
- Saturday, May 7: Spa Day
- Saturday, May 14: Taste the Natural Grocers Difference Food Quality Fair
- Saturday, May 21: Paleo Fair
New York Times bestselling author of "Beyond Training: Mastering Endurance, Health and Life," Ben Greenfield, will present an Appetite Control and Fat Loss seminar at the Spokane store on May 11 from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. Additionally, local cookbook author, Paula Marie Coomer, will host the cooking demo, Learn to Make Delicious Cherry Power Balls, on April 30, from 1p.m. to 2 p.m.
Natural Grocers will continue to provide the Spokane community with fresh produce that is exclusively USDA Certified Organic, as well as other healthy, affordable, organic and natural products. The store will feature a mix of national brands and a selection of locally produced products from Washington in a small, neighborhood market environment. The Spokane store will also feature a Nutritional Health Coach and offer free nutrition education classes to the public. Natural Grocers Spokane will be open 7 days a week.
*Click here for store b-roll footage.
What to Expect from Natural Grocers
- Highest quality organic and natural groceries, dietary supplements and body care products
- EDAP – Every Day Affordable Price®
- Free science-based nutrition classes, health coaching, cooking demos and more
- No artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, preservatives and harmful trans-fats
- 100 percent USDA Certified Organic produce
- Strict meat standards – raised without antibiotics, growth promoters or feed containing animal by-products
- Pasture-Based Dairy Standard – Dairy products that come exclusively from confinement-free dairies
- Bag-free checkouts and commitment to sustainability
- A Nutritional Health Coach (NHC) in every store
- Knowledgeable staff offering world-class customer service
- Support for local community organizations
Family-run Natural Grocers was built on the premise that consumers should have access to affordable, high-quality foods and dietary supplements, along with nutrition knowledge to help support their own health. The company currently operates 112 stores in 19 states.
About Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage
Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage, Inc. (NYSE: NGVC; NaturalGrocers.com) is a rapidly expanding specialty retailer of organic and natural groceries, body care and dietary supplements. The company offers a flexible, neighborhood-store format, affordable prices and free, science-based nutrition education programs to help customers make informed health and nutrition choices. Founded in Colorado in 1955, Natural Grocers has over 2,700 employees and operates more than 100 stores in 19 states.
SOURCE Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage, Inc.