NEW YORK, Jan. 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Omnicom Group (NYSE: OMC), a leading global marketing and communications company, finished with two of the top five honors in The Gunn Report 2012 Most Awarded Network and Most Awarded Digital Agencies in the World.
For the seventh straight year, BBDO was named the Most Awarded Network in the World. DDB was ranked the second Most Awarded Network for the fourth year running. Since 1999, Omnicom Networks, DDB, BBDO, and TBWA continue to be the most awarded companies in the world, winning 32 of 40 Network of the Year awards.
AlmapBBDO and Tribal DDB (Amsterdam) placed in the top five of the Most Awarded Digital Agencies. AlmapBBDO and Adam&Eve DDB were also among the top five Most Awarded Agencies.
"Topping the Gunn Report for more than a decade is a testament to the fact that Omnicom agencies continue to attract and retain the best creative talent in the business," said John Wren, President and CEO, Omnicom "We want to congratulate all of our agencies for the record number of awards they received for their client work across disciplines and around the globe. It truly is impressive."
Omnicom agencies were recognized around the world for their work in 2012. Here are a few highlights among many:
- For an unprecedented sixth year in a row, BBDO topped The Big Won Directory and five Omnicom firms out of ten were the most awarded creative agencies in the world. In addition, Omnicom won the holding company category for the third year running.
- Adweek named PHD Media Agency of the Year
- Latinworks won Advertising Age's Multicultural Agency of the Year for the second consecutive year.
- DDB was named Campaign's Advertising Network of the year
- Ketchum was named 2012 Agency of the Year by PRWeek.
About Omnicom Group Inc.
Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC) is a leading global marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom's branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, digital and interactive marketing, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
For further information on Omnicom and its brands, please visit www.omnicomgroup.com
SOURCE Omnicom Group Inc.