The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and Latin America. Annual estimates and forecasts are provided for the period 2016 through 2024. Also, a five-year historic analysis is provided for these markets.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets in US$ by the following Product Segments:
The report profiles 98 companies including many key and niche players such as:
ASSA ABLOY AB
HID Global Corporation
Axis Communications AB
Bosch Security Systems
dormakaba Holding AG
Fermax Electronica S.A.U.
Honeywell International, Inc.
Nortek Security and Control LLC
Oberthur Technologies SA
The Chamberlain Group, Inc.
UTC Climate, Controls & Security
Key Topics Covered
1. INDUSTRY OVERVIEW Card-Based Access Control: Ubiquitous, Easy to Use, Reliable, and Irreplaceable Ubiquitous Access Control Cards to Stay Relevant Despite Rise of Biometrics Massive Installed Base Non-Requirement of Higher Security Cards Work Every Time Simple Measures to Improve Card Security Superior Attributes of Various Card-Based Access Control Solutions Drive Widespread Adoption across Verticals Corporate Sector Healthcare Critical Infrastructure and Utilities Higher Education Multifamily Residential Market Fortunes Intrinsically Tied to Performance of the Overall Electronic Access Control Industry ACaaS Solutions Witness Faster Adoption Integrated Systems Grow in Prominence New Technologies Steadily Emerge in the EACS Market Disruption of EACS Market with Advanced Credential Technologies EACS Cybersecurity Aspects Need Urgent Attention Shift from Proximity Cards to Smart Cards and Multi- Technology Readers Global Market Outlook Underpenetrated Developing Countries Offer Huge Untapped Market Growth Potential
2. COMPETITION Card-Based EACS: A Highly Competitive Marketplace Players from Developed Markets Face Growing Competition from Low-Cost Asian Manufacturers Widespread Consumer Awareness: The Crucible for Success M&A Activity in the Card-based EACS Market Select Merger & Acquisition (M&A) Deals in the Global Marketplace: 2014-2017
3. MARKET TRENDS, ISSUES & DRIVERS Growing Demand for Smarts Cards in Providing Enhanced Protection Drives Healthy Market Growth Smart Cards Outshines Traditional Legacy & Proximity Cards Important Considerations while Selecting Smart Intelligent Cards for Access Control Cost Security Compatibility Key Management Other Technical Considerations Remote Login Made Secure by Smart Card Based EACS Smart Cards Replace Keys and Magnetic Stripe Cards in Universities Smartcards Steadily Replace Magnetic Cards in Healthcare Sector Too Multi-Application Smart Cards in Demand Multiple Applications of Smart Cards Summarized Smart Card EACS as Smart ID Badges Smart Card EACS for Accessing Free Hospitality & Food Services Smart Card EACS as Attendance Management Tool Smart Card EACS for Transit & Parking Service' Payments Smart Cards Aim to Enable Equipment Access in Industrial Applications Perennial Need to Restrict Access at Specified Times for Specific Number of Unlocks Drive Demand for Key Cards RFID Key Cards RFID Reader Frequency Ranges Active RFID and Passive RFID tags Working of RFID Cards HID Key Cards Key Fobs Functioning of a Key Fob Growing Need to Establish a National Identity Framework in Countries across the World Drives Market Demand Secure Document Implementations across the World by 2021 Economic Empowerment through National Identity National Identity Schemes Shift from Traditional Frisking and Manual Verification Procedures in Physical Access Control Boost Market Prospects Upcoming Smart Cities to Fuel Large-Scale Adoption Card-Based Access Control Innovations and Advancements: Spearheading Market Growth Cloud-based PACS (Physical-Access- Control-Systems) Mobile Credential System, Two-Factor Authentication System and Other Advanced Systems Smartphones as Credentials for Cardless Financial Transactions Credentials and Smart Cards Multi-Modal Biometrics Vs Frictionless Access Control Offline/Wireless Locks Sony's FeliCa Technology Bigger Fingerprint Sensors for Smart Cards Advancements in Smart Card Readers Integrated Security Solutions Novel Approaches to Secure Card-Based Access Control System Need to Restrict Unauthorized Access to Sensitive Areas Drive Demand in Healthcare Establishments Contactless Access Smart Cards and Readers Logical Access Control: Market Laden with Immense Potential for Card Based EACS The Enterprise Sector: A Major End Use Market for Card Based EACS Card-based EACS: A Widely Acknowledged Access Method in Hospitality Facilities Different Types of Access Cards for Hospitality Sector: A Snapshot Higher Education Sector: A Key Revenue Contributor for Card- based EACS Card Access Systems at College & University Campuses Do Much More than Allowing Entry Card-based Pay TV Conditional Access System: A Niche Market Government Sector Driving Significant Gains in the Card Based EACS Market Regulatory Mandates Drive Adoption in the Government Sector Contact Cards Give Way to Contactless Card Based Access Control Technologies Traditional Proximity Cards to Stay On Despite Growing Competition from Smart Cards Key Issues and Challenges Hampering Growth Prospects for Card-Based Access Control Growing Threat from Sophisticated Biometric Security Solutions High Implementation Costs Deter Smart Card Adoption Smart Cards Facing Stiff Competition from Optical Cards
4. PRODUCT OVERVIEW Electronic Access Control Systems: A Prelude Types of Electronic Access Control Systems Card-Based Electronic Access Control Systems Traditional Cards Bar Code Cards Barium Ferrite Cards Dual Function Cards Magnetic Stripe Cards Wiegand Cards Proximity Cards & Proximity Readers Smart Cards The Technology Applications Transportation Government Programs Communications Applications Physical Access Information Security Retail and Loyalty University Identification Financial Applications Health Card Features Chip Operating System Chip Operating Systems are organized into two types Functions of COS Multi Application Card Operating Systems (MACOS) Tough Times Ahead for Smart Cards Smart Card Readers Contactless Smart Card Technology Better than Contact Smart Card Technology Compatibility with Other Technologies Optical Cards Features Hands-Free Systems Token-based systems Legacy Technology Based Cards
5. PRODUCT INNOVATIONS/INTRODUCTIONS SmartMetric to Unveil Biometric Cybersecurity & Access Card CMBC's Visa Credit Card to Feature MOTION CODE HID Global Offers New Standards-Based IAM Solution IDEX Unveils Fingerprint Sensor OT-Morpho Launches Biometric Payment Cards Identiv Introduces uTrust TS Cards ELAN with Jinco Universal & KSID Unveils Fingerprint Financial Card Oberthur Technologies & Eika Alliance Unveils Dual Payment Card HID Global Introduces Secure Citizen ID Cards
6. RECENT INDUSTRY ACTIVITY KSID Chosen as the Fingerprint Smart Cards Provider for the UN Nexus Group Inks Distribution Agreement with Zwipe Identiv Partners with Zwipe Oberthur Technologies Merges with Safran Identity & Security IDENTOS Takes Over Tactivo Advent International & Bpifrance Takes Over Safran Identity & Security Creditbank Offers Combined Credit and Debit Card Gemalto Partners with Veridos Seos Smart Cards & Mobile Access Solution to Streamline Card Office Operations OT Chosen by Mashreq Bank to Deploy Instant Card Issuance MRHE Selects HID Global to Upgrade Its Access Control Solutions Smart Card Alliance is Now Secure Technology Alliance HID Global Enters into Partnership with Infineon Technologies Fingerprint Cards AB Takes Over DELTA ID Oberthur Technologies Deploys Citizen Services Cards (CNS) Oberthur Technologies Partners with AFPI Societe Generale offers OT MOTION CODE Lasink Solution Provide Highly Secure ID Cards across Costa Rica Oberthur Technologies Partners with Toppan to Provide OT MOTION CODE Oberthur Technologies Enters into Partnership with Axis Bank Oberthur Technologies Partners with PCARD HID Global Upgrades Mason ID Card NCB of Saudi Arabia Migrates to Contactless EMV Cards Boubyan Offers the First Contactless Payment Cards Rambus Takes Over Smart Card Software Gemalto Delivers bio-Sourced EMV Bank Card to Banco Popular Dominicano
7. FOCUS ON SELECT GLOBAL PLAYERS
8. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
Total Companies Profiled: 98 (including Divisions/Subsidiaries 107)