DALLAS, Sept. 10, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Parks Associates will host the third annual Future of Video: OTT, Pay TV, and Digital Media as a virtual conference on December 14-16, featuring insights from analysts and industry leaders on the key factors and market drivers necessary for success in the competitive and changing landscape of online video. The research firm notes that US consumers continue to access OTT content at all-time high levels, but OTT service churn remains high. The conference will focus on strategies to engage and retain subscribers so they do not migrate to competing services.
"Viewer loyalties are shifting as subscriptions to traditional pay-TV services decline," said Steve Nason, Research Director, Parks Associates. "The average Netflix subscriber has had the service for over 50 months, and while Amazon Prime Video and Hulu also have foundational status as must-have services, all other services have much shorter subscription histories. Newer services such as Disney+, Apple TV+, HBO Max, and Peacock, plus an expanding CBS All Access, are all making a strong push to be part of the core OTT service stack for US households. At Future of Video, we will examine the factors that drive subscriber loyalty and long-term engagement with OTT services."
At Future of Video, Parks Associates highlights in-depth consumer and industry research on OTT services, the value of content, technology innovations, and best strategies for building successful video services.
- Lisa Aussieker, VP Marketing and Communications, MediaKind
- Andrea Clarke-Hall, Vice President of Business Development, Tubi
- Christopher Dean, GM, Media & Entertainment, Vlocity
- Mary Kay Evans, VP Marketing, Verizon Media
- Bob Leighton, SVP, Liberty Global
- Stefanie Meyers, Senior Vice President Distribution, Starz
- Erick Opeka, President, Digital Networks, Cinedigm
- Damian Pelliccione, Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Revry
- Renata Paulino Policicio, VP, Research and Insights, ESPN
- Marty Roberts, CEO & Co-Founder, Wicket Labs
- David Sanderson, CEO, Reelgood
- Jen Taylor, VP Digital Audience Development, A&E Networks
- Mark Young, Senior Vice-President, Global Strategy, Business and Corporate Development, Fandango
The conference agenda includes the following topics and sessions:
- New Trends in Video
- Next Phase in the Streaming Wars
- The Next Big 3 in OTT
- Evolution of Pay TV
- Finding Success: Retention, Distribution, and Aggregation
- Age of Video Aggregation
- The Path Forward for OTT Services with Aggregation
- Retention and Churn in OTT
- Data and Decision Making in Video Services
- New Business Models and Distribution Strategies
- Rise of Ad-based OTT Services
- OTT Partnerships: Key to Success
- Navigating a New World: COVID-19 Impact on Video Viewing
- Moving Forward: COVID-19 Impact on Live and Sports
Registration is open, and media are invited to attend. For more information, contact Rosey Ulpino, [email protected], 972.996.0233.
About Future of Video: OTT, Pay TV, and Digital Media
Parks Associates' Future of Video: OTT, Pay TV, and Digital Media examines consumer research and key industry topics impacting digital entertainment, OTT video, and online streaming services, with new consumer research and insights on the changing video and digital media markets. For over thirty years, Parks Associates has been studying the connected CE and video industries, tracking the rise of emerging services, growth rates for broadband, device ownership, and consumer perceptions and adoption of new video services.
For more information, visit www.futureofvideo.us or connect at @video_future.
SOURCE Parks Associates