LAS VEGAS, Jan. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- from ShowStoppers @ CES 2014 -- Pearl.com, the world's largest source for professional expertise online, has launched the first in a series of bundled packages offering users a team of professionals to provide specialized support in categories such as pets, divorce, immigration, real estate and dating.
Now, in addition to being able to pay by the question for help from a verified expert, Pearl.com users can purchase a package of three, one-on-one conversations according to their particular need, for a single price ranging from $39-59 depending on the category. In addition, people can now purchase a package as a gift for a friend or family member according to their interests.
Pearl.com created the first subscription packages in response to demand from Pearl.com users who were more likely to ask repeated questions in the following subject areas:
- New Pet Owner – Welcoming a new pet into the family is exciting – but can also be stressful. Veterinarians and animal behaviorists on Pearl.com can help you handle a new dog, cat or other animal.
- Divorce – Divorce attorneys can help you get through a difficult time with information related to child custody, asset division and other legal issues.
- Immigration – Navigate complex immigration issues with help from immigration lawyers on Pearl.com.
- Real Estate – If you're a real estate agent, real estate attorneys and tax experts on Pearl.com can assist with complicated real estate matters.
- Obamacare – How will the Affordable Care Act affect you, your business, taxes, Medicare and more? Lawyers, tax advisors, CPAs and other professionals on Pearl.com can help.
- Relationship Care Package – This package connects you with hand-picked relationship counselors and therapists for help with dating and relationship issues.
Pearl.com also has introduced a Peace of Mind package that covers three conversations with any type of expert on the site. The company plans to release several new packages in additional categories over the coming months.
"Pearl.com is simplifying our business model to better meet consumers' specific lifestyle needs," said Pearl.com CEO Andy Kurtzig. "Our new subscription packages make it easy for people to get the help they need at a much more affordable cost than seeing a professional in person."
Pearl.com is the largest source for professional expertise online, providing access to 10,000 professionals in 700 fields, including doctors, lawyers, veterinarians, auto mechanics and tech specialists. Professionals provide quick and affordable answers to just about any question, anytime and from anywhere. The professionals on Pearl.com are not employees, contractors or agents of Pearl.com but rather independent professionals who use the site to communicate with customers. Founded in 2003, and based in San Francisco, the privately held company operates in 196 countries and 22 currencies. The mission of the company is simple and motivating – to help people. To learn more, please visit www.pearl.com or click here.