PURCHASE, N.Y., Sept. 5, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- September is all about football and Pepsi is celebrating a season of new touchdown celebrations with "The Fun Doesn't End Zone," which aims to connect fans to the fun all season long through a host of off-the-field moments, promotions and entertaining content featuring NFL athletes.
The spotlight of the campaign is a series of "The Fun Doesn't End Zone" television ads where Pepsi will showcase some of the players' celebratory dance moves in three national commercials airing throughout the season. The first two spots will debut during NFL Kickoff on Sept. 7 and feature fan favorites Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown and San Francisco 49ers offensive tackle Joe Staley, along with an appearance by actor Rob Corddry.
"Everyone loves a good end zone celebration, and I'm excited to be back this year with Pepsi to show fans some new moves on the field and in a new TV spot," said Brown.
- Antonio Brown's New Dance | The Fun Doesn't End Zone | Pepsi https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzHFcKh0sM4
- Joe Staley's Dream | The Fun Doesn't End Zone | Pepsi https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTpUoB4qCtk
As an early start to the season of fun, Pepsi and Frito-Lay launched an exclusive on-pack Snapchat sweepstakes called "They Win, You Score." When you Snap promotional packages, you unlock a random NFL team - if that team wins their next game, you score! Each entry also offers a chance to win weekly prizes like tickets to Super Bowl LII in Minneapolis. Pepsi is also celebrating the first game of the season by sponsoring NFL Kickoff Eve, at the home of the Super Bowl LI Champions, the New England Patriots, on Sept. 6.
"Football season is one of our favorite times of the year at Pepsi," said Chad Stubbs, Vice President, Marketing, Pepsi. "Whether at the game or on your couch, NFL fans can pledge their team allegiance with first-of-its-kind Pepsi and team-branded cans. We're also excited to bring fans closer to the players they love through new TV ads and digital content showcasing the fun we have off the field."
Pepsi will keep fans engaged all season long with the following campaign elements:
- "The Fun Doesn't End Zone" Digital Content: Weekly thematic episodic content will be available at Youtube.com/Pepsi, where players answer unexpected questions. Pepsi and NFL-themed GIFs will also feature players and be available to share on social media.
- Washington Redskins Concert: In honor of PepsiCo's new partnership with the Washington Redskins, Pepsi and iHeartRadio Washington D.C.'s 98.7 WMZQ, Today's Best Country, will host a concert to celebrate the season in Leesburg, VA on Sept. 9. WMZQ personality Aly Jacobs will emcee the event, which will feature live performances by hit country making duo LOCASH and Michael Tyler, as well as prizes, game day swag and more for fans.
- NFL Shield and Team-Specific Packaging: NFL themed cans will be available nationwide and fans can show support for their favorite team by purchasing team-specific packaging on 16 oz. cans and 12 oz. 12-pack cans in 15 markets. Fans can check their local retailers for various options.
- "They Win, You Score": Fans can get one step closer to the field with Pepsi and Frito-Lay's "They Win, You Score" sweepstakes. Through Oct. 7, fans can Snap-Unlock-Score on specially marked 20 oz. Pepsi bottles, 15-pack 7.5 oz. mini-cans or specially marked Frito-Lay snacks for a chance at weekly prizes including Super Bowl LII tickets, 2018 NFL Pro Bowl tickets, 2018 season tickets to your favorite team and more.
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated approximately $63 billion in net revenue in 2016, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales
At the heart of PepsiCo is Performance with Purpose – our fundamental belief that the success of our company is inextricably linked to the sustainability of the world around. We believe that continuously improving the products we sell, operating responsibly to protect our planet and empowering people around the world is what enables PepsiCo to run a successful global company that creates long-term value for society and our shareholders. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.