PUNE, India and SANTA CLARA, California, January 21, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
Embracing Mobile With Employee Experience First
Mobile. Agile development. Application life cycle management. BYOD. Through new technologies, development methodologies and emerging business realities such as these, Persistent Systems (BSE & NSE: PERSISTENT) recently completed a total rethinking and architecture of the Persistent Intranet, popularly referred to as Pi. Garnering 3 prestigious awards since being rolled out, Pi demonstrates the power of digital transformation; developed from the ground up, in six-week sprints, with a mobility-first design approach. Pi integrates multiple technologies to deliver information to employees anytime, anywhere and anyway they need it.
Pi - The How
- Mobile-first approach offering frequently used business apps on mobile devices
- Persistent Enterprise Apps Server (PEAS) manages life cycle of disposable and short-life apps
- Flatter architecture with focused and shorter task flows and an efficient navigation
- Provides information in an innovative and engaging manner to globally-dispersed and disparate Persistent employees
- Covers aspects like collaboration, communication, consolidated information systems, document management, big data analytical insights, and information security
And the winner is…
- Prestigious 2014 CIO100 Award, 2nd time consecutively
- InformationWeek EDGE Award, 2014
- IT Excellence Award 'No Limits CIO' from VMWare, 2014
- Additionally Nielsen Norman Group's "Intranet Portals: UX Design Experience from Real-Life Projects, 5th Edition" features Pi as the pioneer of Enterprise Mobility, 2014
Quote from Mohit Bhishikar, CIO,Persistent Systems
"We didn't just update old systems to make them mobile. Instead of designing for the desktop and adapting the portal experience for small screens, Pi focuses on the needs of mobile users first and lets the desktop expand around that core mobile functionality. The result is a targeted mobile experience with a streamlined and task focused portal. The "how" of digital transformation we are driving for our customers starts here at Persistent. It isn't done as one long term monolithic project but as an ongoing series of agile projects. Pi is a great example of that, a collection of task centric apps developed in a six-week agile rhythm. This approach recognizes that new technologies, devices and platforms will continually arise with potential to transform the organization."
About Persistent Systems:
Persistent Systems (BSE & NSE: PERSISTENT) builds software that drives the business of our customers; enterprises and software product companies with software at the core of their digital transformation.
Forward-looking and Cautionary Statements: For risks and uncertainties relating to forward-looking statements, please visit:
Tel: + 91-830-833-9400
Email: [email protected]
Vice President , Global Communications
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE Persistent Systems