NEW YORK, Nov. 18, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Thanksgiving brings bountiful meals to the table and backed up disposals and toilets. Petri Plumbing and Heating, Inc., a leading plumbing company serving Brooklyn since 1906, has developed tips to help Brooklyn residents avoid plumbing emergencies this holiday season.
"Our emergency plumbing calls increase whenever there's a holiday, especially during Thanksgiving weekend. Several homes serve host to out-of-town relatives and guests which means bathrooms can be overused or garbage disposals get used more," said Michael Petri, owner of Petri Plumbing. "All this extra work in your plumbing systems can make existing problems worse."
Prevention, especially when it comes to home services, proves much cheaper and simpler than the cost of emergency plumbing service calls. The average American household spends anywhere from $1000 to $15,000 on plumbing replacements and repairs.
Petri Plumbing has offered these Thanksgiving plumbing preparation tips for homeowners to save money:
1. Disposal Do's and Don'ts
- Run cold water while cycling your garbage disposal the day before Thanksgiving. This will help ensure clean blades and a clear drain.
- Cut larger items into smaller pieces and put them in the disposal one at a time.
- Do not put any grease, oil, lard, bones or fibrous materials such as corn husks or celery stalks into the disposal or drain.
2. Toilet Overuse
- Be proactive by flushing frequently - also known as the courtesy flush.
- Limit your toilet paper use by folding over sheets of toilet paper or buy 1-ply toilet paper.
3. Heavy Sweater Washing Build Up
- Divide laundry into multiple, smaller loads to relieve tension on your washing machine's suspension and bearings.
- Run a maintenance cycle prior to running several loads at its hottest temperature to descale and remove mineral deposits.
Petri's Thanksgiving plumbing preparation tips will help countless Brooklyn and Manhattan residents save on home repairs and utility bills. To find out more about plumbing preparation tips, visit www.petriplumbing.com.
About Petri Plumbing and Heating, Inc.
Petri Plumbing and Heating, Inc. is a family owned and operated business serving Brooklyn and the New York City area. Founded in 1906, the company offers a 100 percent guarantee on all services, upfront pricing, and friendly and knowledgeable Service Experts for all kinds of home and business plumbing and heating needs. Services offered include water and gas pipe leak repair and installation, fixture installations, inspections, boiler repair, water heater installation, complete bathroom, kitchen, laundry & utility room remodeling and more. Petri Plumbing is also licensed and certified by Green Plumbers USA - the first in New York City. For more information, please visit: http://www.petriplumbing.com/
For additional information, contact:
Heather Ripley, Ripley PR
Hripley (at) ripleypr (dot) com
SOURCE Petri Plumbing and Heating, Inc.