MOUNTLAKE TERRACE, Wash., July 7, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Premera Blue Cross now offers employers a new way to manage healthcare costs, while also helping to improve the overall health of their employees through a whole-person health support model called CareCompass360°. The new approach provides employers with a full-service solution that engages members in the personal management of their health. CareCompass360° is designed to help employers manage costs, improve outcomes, maximize engagement and enhance productivity.
"Premera is focused on making healthcare work better for our customers by delivering solutions that improve their care and healthcare experience," said John Espinola, MD, executive vice president of Healthcare Services at Premera Blue Cross. "CareCompass360° is one example of how we continue to innovate, improve and expand the programs and services offered to our members. It provides a sustainable solution that improves the cost, quality and experience of healthcare."
Premera's CareCompass360° is an evolution away from disease-focused programs and the traditional one-size-fits-all methods. It provides a tailored solution that delivers meaningful value and helpful navigation based on the customer's specific needs. CareCompass360° supports individuals wherever they land on the care continuum, supporting everyone from healthy individuals to those who are navigating complex conditions.
CareCompass360° provides employers robust and tailored programs and services that offer an improved member experience and optimal engagement, including:
- Health & Productivity – Strives to create engaging cultures of health, helping employers gain control over ever-increasing healthcare costs and improve productivity.
- Pharmacy Services – Provides members with safe, effective and cost-saving drugs, while helping employers manage pharmacy benefit costs.
- Integrated Health Support – Consolidates all clinical services (disease states, case management, care transition management and intensive health support services) into one integrated program.
- Quality & Utilization Management – Promotes the delivery of appropriate, effective and efficient medical care to our members. Includes medical services, medical equipment and pharmacy.
- Convenient Care Support – Provides members with access to care at a time and a place that is convenient to them.
- Individualized Care Support – Provides an extremely focused care support model to help customers with the most complex needs.
In order to provide the highest level of personalized service, Premera's CareCompass360° is evolving to utilize a predictive personalization engine that leverages algorithms from member data and preferences to determine the best program, message content and incentive for each member. The goal of this new approach is to lead to higher participation and sustained engagement.
"There is a strategic and philosophical shift happening in the healthcare industry," said Jim Messina, executive vice president and chief marketing executive at Premera Blue Cross. "Employers need a more comprehensive approach to population health support, which also embraces value over volume. CareCompass360° moves away from past models of spreading cost across populations, toward ones that are based on active engagement."
About Premera Blue Cross
Our mission is to provide peace of mind to our members about their healthcare coverage. We provide health insurance and related services to approximately 1.9 million people in Washington and Alaska. Premera Blue Cross has operated in Washington since 1933, and Alaska since 1952. Premera Blue Cross is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association.
Premera Blue Cross is a member of a family of companies based in Mountlake Terrace, Washington, that provide health, life, vision, dental, stop-loss, disability, and other related products and services. For more information, visit www.premera.com.
SOURCE Premera Blue Cross