NEW YORK, Sept. 8 /PRNewswire/ -- Business Development Institute — McDonald's Director of Social Media Rick Wion will present about how one of the world's largest brands connect with customers and drive new sales using mobile social strategies. The conference will be held on September 15, 2010 at the Graduate Center of The City University of New York and is sponsored by Business Development Institute and PR Newswire.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://multivu.prnewswire.com/mnr/mcdonalds-bdi/45946/
"We are fortunate to have Rick share real examples that demonstrate how McDonald's actually increased sales and strengthened relationships with customers through their mobile social platform. Rick will be joined by case studies by Foursquare, Yelp, Tasti D-Lite, Porter Novelli, and Buzzd," says Steve Etzler, Founder & CEO of Business Development Institute.
The half-day morning conference will consist of several case study presentations followed by smaller moderated interactive roundtable discussion groups with 8-12 attendees each on very specific topics.
Presenters and moderators include:
- Dr. Justin Bazan, Owner and Operator, Park Slope Eye
- Meighan Berberich, Vice President, Marketing, BlogTalkRadio
- David Berkowitz, Director of Emerging Media & Client Strategy, 360i
- Joe Ciarallo, Contributing Editor, PRNewser & Director of Communications, Buddy Media
- Joshua Cohen, Director of Content Licensing & Distribution, PR Newswire
- BJ Emerson, Social Technology Officer, Tasti D-Lite LLC
- John Havens, Senior Vice President, Social Media, Porter Novelli
- Paul Hernacki, Chief Technology Officer, Definition 6
- Joel Johnson, Executive Vice President, Director of Integrated Planning, Porter Novelli
- Brian Kaufman, Senior Director Client Solutions, KIT digital, Inc.
- Meghan Keane, US Editor, Econsultancy
- Kelly McCarthy, Vice President of Innovation, Ruder Finn, Inc.
- Nihal Mehta, CEO and Founder, Buzzd
- Ramon Nuez, Jr., Contributing Writer, Huffington Post
- Brian Reich, Managing Director, little m media
- Paul Reich, Director of East Coast Sales, Yelp
- Michael Ricci, VP and Mobile Practice Leader, Merkle Interactive
- Naveen Selvadurai, Co-Founder, Foursquare
- Brian Simpson, Assistant Director of Food & Beverage & Social Hospitality, The Roger Smith Hotel
- David Weiner, Senior Account Supervisor, PR Newswire & Founder, DigitalSomethings
- Rick Wion, Head of Social Media, McDonald's
The conference will cover questions including:
- What are the best examples of how leading brands use mobile social strategies to achieve business goals?
- How are mobile social platforms such as Facebook, Yelp, Foursquare, Groupon, and Buzzd working with brands to connect with consumers?
- How do you integrate mobile social strategies into your enterprise's marketing and communications platform?
- How do you overcome challenges from extending existing social media platforms into the mobile space?
- Who are the leading agencies and technology players that have experience in helping brands create and execute mobile social strategies?
More than 300 senior marketing, communications and media professionals are expected to attend. Hundreds are expected to tune into the live audio broadcast on www.blogtalkradio.com.
For additional information, including registration, please visit the event website at: www.bdionline.com
About Business Development Institute
Business Development Institute (BDI), founded in New York City by Steve Etzler in 2001 and managed by Maria Feola, produces conferences and educational programs for marketing, communications and media professionals. Over 10,000 attendees have participated in our programs. We specialize in how technology and the internet impacts marketing, communications and media. Our programs educate while providing valuable networking opportunities to our attendees. The quality of our speakers, program topics, 1/2 day format, network, and value are what differentiates BDI from its competitors. Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/bdionline
About PR Newswire
PR Newswire Association LLC (http://www.prnewswire.com) provides electronic distribution, targeting, measurement and broadcast services on behalf of tens of thousands of corporate, government, association, labor, non-profit, and other customers worldwide. Using PR Newswire, these organizations reach a variety of critical audiences including the news media, the investment community, government decision-makers, and the general public with their up-to-the-minute, full-text news developments.
Established in 1954, PR Newswire has offices in 14 countries and routinely sends its customers' announcements to outlets in more than 170 countries and in more than 40 languages. Utilizing the latest in communications technology, PR Newswire content is considered a mainstay among news reporters, investors and individuals who seek breaking announcements from the source. PR Newswire's leading services include ProfNet(SM), eWatch™, MEDIAtlas™, Search Engine Optimization, MediaRoom, MediaSense™, MultiVu™, U.S. Newswire, the preeminent policy newswire in the industry, Vintage Filings, the fastest growing Edgar filing company, and Hispanic PR Wire, LatinClips and Hispanic Digital Network, the foremost Hispanic communications services. PR Newswire is a subsidiary of United Business Media Limited, a leading global business media company that serves professional commercial communities around the world. For more information, go to www.unitedbusinessmedia.com.
About United Business Media Limited (www.unitedbusinessmedia.com)
United Business Media Limited (UBM) is a global media and marketing services company that informs markets and brings the world's buyers and sellers together at events, online, in print, and with the information they need to do business successfully. UBM serves professional and commercial communities, from IT professionals to doctors, from journalists to jewelry dealers, from farmers to pharmacists around the world. UBM employs more than 6,500 people in more than 30 countries. UBM's businesses operating in the US include CMPMedica, Commonwealth Business Media, Everything Channel, PR Newswire, RISI, TechInsights, TechWeb and Think Services. UBM is listed on the London Stock Exchange (UBM.L) and has a market capitalization of $2.5 billion.
SOURCE Business Development Institute