SCORE Infographic: Video Marketing for Small Businesses
Online videos drive sales and significantly improve SEO
19 Oct, 2017, 13:20 ET
WASHINGTON, Oct. 19, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- SCORE, the nation's largest network of volunteer, expert business mentors, has published an infographic outlining the powerful impact of video marketing on small business sales. Businesses are creating cost-effective promotional videos in a range of categories, including explainers, product demos and testimonials, and these videos are performing well with customers on small business websites and social media pages.
Videos resonate with consumers:
- 71% of consumers made a purchase after watching an online video about local products and services, according to one survey.
- Four times as many consumers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it.
Videos boost marketing ROI:
- Including videos in email marketing increases click-through rates by 96%.
- Videos improve Search Engine Optimization rankings. Videos are 50 times more likely to land on the first page of Google search results compared to text-based content.
- 87% of survey respondents had a positive ROI with digital video.
Successful videos can be produced on small business budgets:
- The greatest number of videos (16 per month) were produced by companies in the lowest revenue bracket (less than $5 million).
Shorter videos perform better:
- Videos shorter than 90 seconds keep 53% of viewers watching until the end, compared to videos longer than 30 minutes, which retain only 10% of viewers.
Download the infographic for more statistics on successful video marketing strategies for small businesses.
Since 1964, SCORE has helped more than 10 million aspiring entrepreneurs. Each year, SCORE's 10,000 volunteer business experts provide 350,000+ free small business mentoring sessions, workshops and educational services to clients in 300 chapters nationwide. In 2016, SCORE volunteers provided 2.2+ million hours to help create more than 55,000 small businesses and 130,000 full-time, part-time and contractor jobs.
For more information about starting or operating a small business, visit SCORE at www.score.org. Follow @SCOREMentors on Facebook and Twitter for the latest small business news and updates.
Share this article