WASHINGTON, Oct. 26, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- SCORE, the nation's largest network of volunteer, expert business mentors, will host a free online educational conference for small business owners and entrepreneurs on Thursday, November 9 from 12-5 p.m. EST. Powered by SCORE and Verisign, a global leader in domain names, the Small Business Success virtual conference replicates a real-life conference experience, offering expert-led educational sessions, one-on-one business mentoring, networking chat rooms and exhibitor booths.
The conference's 10 webinars will cover a variety of topics pertinent to current and aspiring small business owners. Featured sessions will include:
12:15 p.m. EST – keynote:
- Idea to Execution: How to Launch or Grow Your Small Business - P. Simon Mahler, SCORE: How to develop practical plans for starting a new business or growing an existing enterprise
1:30 p.m. EST:
- Hit the Refresh Button on Your Social Media Presence - Christine Landry, Thryv: Where to spend your time and energy on social media
- 7 Crucial Moves to Master Everyday Employee Management - Jaime Lizotte & Shanna Wall, ComplyRight: How to manage HR tasks without an HR specialist on staff
- Buying Attention in a Distracted World - Ramon Ray, sponsored by AT&T: How to use online advertising to set your company apart from competitors
2:45 p.m. EST:
- 3 Steps to Building a Profitable Digital Brand - Juntae DeLane, Digital Branding Institute: How to build a profitable digital brand
- Small Business Start-Up Steps: Selecting a Business Entity, Income and Payroll Tax Decisions - Denise Wilson, Bonnie Blake, & Catherine Varosy, Block Advisors: How to select a business structure and manage payroll
- Succeeding in a Micro-Moments World - Matt Weber, Google: How to improve mobile experiences to engage your customers
4 p.m. EST:
- Hot Businesses, Markets & Trends for 2018 - Rieva Lesonsky, GrowBiz Media and SmallBizDaily: Business and market trends that may impact your company in 2018
- The Power of The Campaign - Jennifer Shaheen, Technology Therapy Group: How to develop an effective marketing campaign
- Getting Better Customers - Jeanne Rossomme, Roadmap Marketing: How to attract, choose and cultivate the right customers for your business
This virtual conference is the fourth of its kind hosted by SCORE, with the most recent event in June drawing more than 3,000 attendees. 96.55% of post-event survey respondents agreed that the June conference helped them, providing feedback such as:
"Unbelievable source of free useful, practical, up-do-date information. Worthwhile expenditure of my time today. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"
"SCORE has pulled together great companies that provided valuable information. It was informative and I will use the information I gained to take my business to the next level."
This event will occur live for all participants, who can stop by for any portion of the online event. Sessions will be recorded and the virtual environment will be archived for future access.
Since 1964, SCORE has helped more than 10 million aspiring entrepreneurs. Each year, SCORE's 10,000 volunteer business experts provide 350,000+ free small business mentoring sessions, workshops and educational services to clients in 300 chapters nationwide. In 2016, SCORE volunteers provided 2.2+ million hours to help create more than 55,000 small businesses and 130,000 full-time, part-time and contractor jobs.