WASHINGTON, May 24, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- SCORE, a national nonprofit dedicated to mentoring small business owners, will offer a free online training event for small business owners on Thursday, May 26 from 12 pm - 5 pm ET. Sponsored by Verisign, a global leader in domain names, the Power Up Your Small Business virtual conference will be led by small business experts from across the U.S., and will provide training on starting, marketing, and funding a small business.
Featuring a keynote speech by best-selling author and motivational speaker Erik Qualman and informative sessions by Simon Mahler, Rieva Lesonsky, Ramon Ray, Brian Moran, Palo Alto Software, OnDeck and more - this first ever SCORE virtual conference promises to be a hit with small business mentors and clients alike.
Participants are invited to attend educational sessions with live Q&A, to network in the virtual lounge, and to take home free resources designed to improve the success of their small business.
Featured education sessions will include:
- Keynote Address by Erik Qualman, best-selling author and motivational speaker
- How To Get Noticed Online by Ramon Ray, best-selling author and publisher of Smart Hustle Magazine
- The Best New Business Ideas by Rieva Lesonsky, CEO and founder of GrowBiz Media
- Jump Start Your Business with Social Media by Brian Moran, founder of Small Business Edge
- Startup 101: What You Need to Start Your Business by Simon Mahler, SCORE mentor
- What You Need to Know About Business Plans by Peter Thorsson and Josh Fegles, Palo Alto Software
- Reboot Your Website by Justin Leedy, Web.com
- How to Get Access to Capital by Ty Kiisel, OnDeck
- Lending Alphabet Soup: How to Make Sense of it All by Brock Blake, CEO of Lendio
- Understanding Your Numbers (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow) and How to Use the Information in Decision Making by Michael Mobley, managing partner of Impetus Solutions LLC
"This is a world-class gathering of small business experts who will share real, effective growth strategies that entrepreneurs can implement immediately," said SCORE Foundation President David R. Bobbitt. "We are excited to offer this first-ever SCORE virtual conference for free. When I was running my own business, I paid a great deal more for a great deal less."
Register today: https://score.6connex.com/event/PowerUpSmallBiz/login
Since 1964, SCORE has helped more than 10 million aspiring entrepreneurs. Each year, SCORE's 10,000 volunteer business experts provide 350,000+ free and low-cost small business mentoring sessions, workshops and educational services to clients in more than 300 chapters nationwide. In 2015, SCORE volunteers provided 2.2+ million hours to help create over 45,000 jobs and 55,000 small businesses.
For more information about starting or operating a small business, call 1-800-634-0245 for the SCORE chapter nearest you. Visit SCORE at www.score.org. Connect with SCORE at www.facebook.com/SCOREMentors and www.twitter.com/SCOREMentors.