WASHINGTON, June 6, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- SCORE, the nation's largest network of volunteer, expert business mentors, will offer a free online educational conference for small business owners on Thursday, June 8 from 12-5 p.m. EST. Powered by SCORE and Verisign, a global leader in domain names, the Small Business Success virtual conference offers educational webinars, one-on-one mentoring sessions, exhibitor booths and networking chat rooms.
Experts from across the U.S. will present informational webinars with the latest tips for small business success. Industry experts from Deluxe, QuickBooks, OnDeck and more will share insider tips on finding customers, securing financing and growing a small business.
Featured education sessions will include:
12 p.m. EST – Keynote:
- Digital Marketing Demystified - Ron Cates: how to execute an effective marketing plan on a budget.
1:15 p.m. EST
- Harnessing the Power of the Internet to Make Your Small Business Shine - Allison Chowdhury, Name.com: the basics of making your business stand out online.
- Hire with Confidence: How to Comply with "Ban the Box" and Other Trending Hiring Laws - Jaime Lizotte, ComplyRight: emerging trends in hiring-related legislation, and their impact on your small business' hiring process.
- Knowing Your Key Numbers - Stacy Kildal, Kidal Services, LLC; sponsored by Intuit: QuickBooks expert explains how to use data to drive everyday decision-making and improve your bottom line.
2:15 p.m. EST
- Build a Strong Credit Profile to Increase Your Options When Applying for a Business Loan - Ty Kiisel, OnDeck: the basics of business credit profiles, including common misconceptions and strategies for strengthening your profile.
- 5 Online Marketing Tricks Sure to Get You More Customers - Steve Strauss, Small Business Connection: top strategies for digitally marketing your business, including paid and organic search tools and content marketing tips.
3:15 p.m. EST
- 6 Ways SCORE Can Help You Succeed - Candice Stennett, SCORE: how to leverage SCORE's tools and resources to grow your small business.
- How to Grow Your Startup Sales Funnel in 7 Steps - Tom Fanelli, Deluxe: how to grow your startup sales funnel without breaking the bank.
- 14 Little-Known Factors to Consider When Choosing the Right Location for Your Retail Business - Joshua Weinkranz, Kimco: how to choose the right brick-and-mortar location for your business, based on square footage and neighboring tenants.
4:15 p.m. EST
- Omnichannel Marketing for Small Businesses - Jordan Hirsch, Phase2 Technology: how to amplify your marketing and strengthen your message.
- Understanding the Key Clauses in Your Commercial Lease - Gordon Ashby, Kimco: what to know before signing a lease, and how to negotiate one.
"Ninety-eight percent of our clients said SCORE's virtual conference helped them with their small business last year," said SCORE Vice President of Marketing and Branding Bridget Weston Pollack. "We knew we had to do it again – and even better this time around! Join us for useful content for your business and networking with fellow entrepreneurs. You are not alone in your business journey, and SCORE is always by your side."
This event will occur live for all participants, who are welcome to stop by for any portion of the online event. The virtual environment will also be archived for future access.
Since 1964, SCORE has helped more than 10 million aspiring entrepreneurs. Each year, SCORE's 10,000 volunteer business experts provide 350,000+ free small business mentoring sessions, workshops and educational services to clients in 300 chapters nationwide. In 2016, SCORE volunteers provided 2.2 million hours to help create 55,000 small businesses and 130,000 jobs.