WASHINGTON, March 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- SCORE, a nonprofit association dedicated to helping small business start, grow and succeed, today announced the launch of e-Business Now, a new website providing small business leaders with "how to" knowledge to successfully use technology-enabled applications. The website provides free on-demand workshops "how-to" guides, connections to technology mentors and more—a full range of tools for learning how to leverage technology to fuel the future success of small businesses.
Easy-to-Follow Instruction Leads to Success
On-demand online workshops are the key components of www.ebusinessnow.org. Covering topics from digital literacy to e-Commerce, search optimization, cyber security, hardware use, Web 2.0 tools, social media and more, the workshop modules include:
- Tech Made Simple: Boosting Your Business Using Technology—showing you how to use technology solutions to conduct business in a more cost efficient and effective manner.
- Tech Made Simple: Creating a Technology Plan for Your Small Business— creating a technology plan to inventory your current technology tools, assess your technology uses and needs, and set goals for incorporating new technology tools to improve efficiency.
- Tech Made Simple: Building the Perfect Website for Your Small Business—creating a website that meets the needs of your business including the use of sound Web technologies to attract customers.
- Tech Made Simple: Using Technology to Jumpstart Your Sales—using technology to attract customers by creating awareness, raising customer interest and translating their needs and desires into action.
- Tech Made Simple: Applying Technology to Improve Your Cash Flow—how technologies can help you effectively manage cash flow as well as grow revenues in the small business top line.
"All of our e-Business Now founding partners have been instrumental in bringing e-Business Now and its numerous outreach components to life. We thank each for their invaluable contributions," said W. Kenneth Yancey, Jr., CEO of SCORE. "The fact that we have been able to attract such a strong list of high-profile companies and organizations attests to the critical importance of this program."
Founding partners of e-Business Now include AT&T, Best Buy, Cisco, Constant Contact, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), Google, Hewlett-Packard, Intuit, Microsoft, the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), SCORE, The SCORE Foundation, Skype and Time Warner Cable.
To learn more about e-Business Now, to experience a free online workshop, register for a free webinar, or to see a schedule of free Tech Made Simple Small Business Tour events, go to www.ebusinessnow.org.
Since 1964, SCORE has helped more than 9 million aspiring entrepreneurs. Each year, SCORE provides small business mentoring and workshops to more than 375,000 new and growing small businesses. More than 13,000 business experts volunteer as mentors in 354 chapters serving local communities with entrepreneur education to help grow 1 million small businesses.
For more information about starting or operating a small business, call 1-800-634-0245 for the SCORE chapter nearest you. Visit SCORE at www.score.org and www.score.org/women. Connect with SCORE at www.facebook.com/SCOREFans, www.twitter.com/SCOREMentors and www.scorecommunity.org.