Company invites individual and institutional investors as well as advisors to attend interactive real-time virtual VirtualInvestorConferences.com
PORTLAND, Ore., Nov. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Semler Scientific, Inc. (Nasdaq: SMLR; "Semler"), an emerging medical risk assessment company that develops patented products to assist healthcare providers in monitoring patients and evaluating chronic diseases, today announced that Doug Murphy-Chutorian, M.D., chief executive officer of Semler, will present live at Retail Investor Conferences event on December 4, 2014.
This will be a live, interactive online event where investors are invited to ask the company questions in real-time – both in the presentation hall as well as in the association's "virtual trade booth." If attendees are not able to join the event live on the day of the conference, an on-demand archive will be available for 90 days.
It is recommended that investors pre-register to save time and receive event updates.
- During the third quarter 2014, two insurance plans among the top-15 payors in the United States were converted from doing pilot trials to making orders for Semler's FloChec® product, and another top-15 payor insurance plan expanded the number of their orders of its product. Of note, the top 15 payors account for more than 70% of the entire Medicare Advantage market, which is Semler's target market.
- In the nine months ended September 30, 2014, Semler had revenue of $2,580,000, an increase of 73%, compared to the corresponding period in 2013.
- Revenue has a very high recurring rate.
- Current market cap as of September 30, 2014, is just above cash and 3X trailing 12 months revenue.
- Management and Board have proven track record in medical device and insurance companies.
- Semler is positioned to benefit from healthcare reform.
- Its first product, FloChec®, assists providers to identify patients with vascular disease, enabling physicians to initiate high priority primary care and preventive measures and to receive higher fixed payment reimbursements for each patient.
- Of the 18 million people estimated to have peripheral arterial disease (PAD), the large majority are undiagnosed.
- Future Semler products intend to expand this strategy to include risk assessment of other chronic diseases.
About Semler Scientific, Inc.:
Semler Scientific, Inc. is an emerging medical risk-assessment company. Its mission is to develop, manufacture and market patented products that identify the risk profile of medical patients to allow healthcare providers to capture full reimbursement potential for their services. Semler's first patented and U.S. Food and Drug Administration, or FDA, cleared product, is FloChec®. FloChec® is used in the office setting to allow providers to measure arterial blood flow in the extremities and is a useful tool for internists and primary care physicians for whom it was previously impractical to conduct blood flow measurements. Additional information about Semler can be found at semlerscientific.com.
Since 2010, VirtualInvestorConferences.com, created by BetterInvesting (NAIC) and PR Newswire, has been the only monthly virtual investor conference series that provides an interactive forum for presenting companies to meet directly with retail investors using a graphically-enhanced online platform.
Designed to replicate the look and feel of location-based investor conferences, Retail Investor Conferences unites PR Newswire's leading-edge online conferencing and investor communications capabilities with BetterInvesting's extensive retail investor audience network.
SOURCE Semler Scientific, Inc.