NEW YORK, Dec. 17, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- SiriusXM announced today year-end and decade specialty programming across its music, talk and entertainment programming platforms as well as exclusive content only available on the SiriusXM app.
Jess Cagle, SiriusXM's Chief Entertainment Anchor, will host Top 100 Interviews of 2019, a limited-run channel that will launch on Thursday, December 19 and run through Tuesday, December 31 on SiriusXM channel 105. Top 100 Interviews of 2019 will feature interviews by SiriusXM hosts including Andy Cohen, Jenny McCarthy, Hoda Kotb, Jess Cagle, Christopher "Mad Dog" Russo and more, with the biggest names in entertainment, pop culture and sports including Jennifer Lopez, John Mayer, Tiger Woods, Julia Roberts, Dolly Parton and many more.
SiriusXM will broadcast year-end and decade countdown specials featuring the biggest songs of the year and the decade across various music channels, including Alt Nation, Bluesville, Bluegrass Junction, BPM, The Heat, Hits 1, Liquid Metal, Octane, Pandora NOW and more, as well as on demand. SiriusXM will also ring in the new year with live concert broadcasts across the country, including performances by Phish, Dead & Company, Nathaniel Rateliff and more, plus the return of SiriusXM's New Year's Nation channel.
SiriusXM's Year-End & Decade Music Countdowns Includes, Amongst Many More:
- Pandora NOW: counting down the top thumb hundred songs of 2019 and of the decade.
- SiriusXM Hits 1: Hits 1 in Hollywood hosts Tony Fly and Symon spotlight the number 1 songs of each year this past decade on Hits 1
- Alt Nation: counting down the top 36 songs of the 2010s
- Shade 45: counting down the top 15 songs of 2019
- The Highway: airing the top songs of the decade with commentary from Florida Georgia Line, Cole Swindell, Kelsea Ballerini and more
- Diplo's Revolution: Diplo, Phantoms and Valentino Kahn countdown the top 30 trending tracks from 2019
The SiriusXM app content will also have exclusive video clips of in-studio performances over the last decade from Billie Eilish, Chris Cornell, Mumford & Sons, The Highwomen, Slash and Myles Kennedy, Dave Matthews, P!nk, Ed Sheeran and Lewis Capaldi, a brand new suite of curated Xtra music channels dedicated to the hits of the 2010s, and Top 10 moments on video from the year curated by marquee hosts across music, talk and sports.
SiriusXM Host's Top 10 Moments of the year available exclusively on the SiriusXM App Includes:
- Jess Cagle's Top 10 moments from The Jess Cagle Show including Rob Lowe, Taron Egerton, Jamie Lee Curtis and more
- Jenny McCarthy's Top 10 moments from The Jenny McCarthy Show including Benedict Cumberbatch, Chelsea Handler, the cast of Jersey Shore and more
- Dalton Ross and Jessica Shaw's Top 10 moments from EW Live including J.J. Abrams, Sterling K. Brown and more
- Jim Norton and Sam Roberts' Top 10 moments from The Jim and Sam Show including Ricky Gervais, Donald Trump Jr., and more
- Michelle Collins' Top 10 moments from The Michelle Collins Show including Graham Norton, Billy Crudup and more
SiriusXM will also broadcast year-end and decade specials across the talk, entertainment, comedy and sports channels, as well as available on demand.
SiriusXM's Year-End & Decade Talk, Entertainment and Comedy Specials Includes:
- Radio Andy: Andy Cohen's Top 50 Interviews of 2019
- Comedy Greats: special decade Grammy winners special, airing a track from each of the Grammy-winning Best Comedy Albums of the year and a You Bet Your Life Groucho Marx special
- POTUS: Tim Farley takes listeners through the last 10 years in politics, highlighting the most important and historical moments
- Today Show Radio: Today Show Year Ender featuring the executive producers reflecting on moments of the past year in News, Pop Culture and Today Show moments
- Volume: The Decade in Music special will recap the biggest moments, songs and albums of each year from the past decade.
- Business Radio: Dan Loney hosts a storytelling retrospective on the past Decade in Tech and explores the major advancements, headlines and blunders from tech.
SiriusXM Sports' Defining Moments of the Decade Specials:
SiriusXM, across 11 of its dedicated 24/7 sports channels, will give fans a series of specials that look back at the defining moments of the decade in their favorite sports. Listeners will hear Mad Dog Sports Radio's perspective on the overall sports landscape, as well as more focused shows on the last 10 years in football (SiriusXM NFL Radio), baseball (MLB Network Radio), basketball (SiriusXM NBA Radio), hockey (SiriusXM NHL Network Radio), golf (SiriusXM PGA TOUR Radio), collegiate sports (ESPNU Radio), motorsports (SiriusXM NASCAR Radio), soccer (SiriusXM FC) boxing, MMA, wrestling (SiriusXM Fight Nation) and fantasy sports (SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio). Throughout the 2010s SiriusXM has covered the key stories daily and will help fans re-live the important moments and trends that shaped the decade that was in sports.
Each two-hour special will air multiple times on its respective channel between December 24 and January 5 and will also be available anytime on demand on the SiriusXM app. Additionally, the Defining Sports Moments of the Decade video series, available on the SiriusXM app, will showcase over 25 SiriusXM personalities, across platform, sharing their insight and experiences behind the unforgettable sports stories from the past 10 years. With all interviews offering an entertaining take on the moments that resonated including LeBron James' move to South Beach, Tiger Woods' comeback at the Masters, the Chicago Cubs first championship in over a century, Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor, and many more.
Additionally, SiriusXM will broadcast exclusive concerts, DJ sets, and special performances live on New Year's Eve.
SiriusXM's New Year's Eve Live Concert Lineup includes:
- Phish at Madison Square Garden – airing live on SiriusXM's Phish Radio
- Dead & Company at Chase Center – airing on SiriusXM's Grateful Dead Channel
- Third Eye Blind at the House of Blues – airing live on SiriusXM's 90s on 9
- Nathaniel Rateliff at Mission Ballroom – airing on SiriusXM's The Spectrum
- Steel Pulse at Belly Up Aspen – airing live on SiriusXM's The Joint
- Southside Johnny & The Asbury Jukes at the Count Basie Theatre — airing live on SiriusXM's E Street Radio
SiriusXM will also launch New Year's Nation, a limited-run party music channel. New Year's Nation is the ultimate soundtrack to New Year's Eve parties around the country and will feature the biggest, upbeat party hits from genres across SiriusXM's music platform. New Year's Nation, which will be available on channel 30 and via the SiriusXM app for smartphones and other connected devices and online at siriusxm.com, will launch Saturday, December 28 through Thursday, January 2 at 3:00 am ET.
SiriusXM subscribers are able to listen SiriusXM on SiriusXM radios, and those with streaming access can listen online, on-the-go with the SiriusXM mobile app and at home on a wide variety of connected devices including smart TVs, devices with Amazon Alexa or the Google Assistant, Apple TV, PlayStation, Roku, Sonos speakers and more. Go to www.SiriusXM.com/streaming to learn more.
Sirius XM Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: SIRI) is the world's largest audio entertainment company, and the premier programmer and platform for subscription- and advertising-supported audio products. With the recent addition of Pandora, the largest streaming music provider in the U.S., SiriusXM reaches more than 100 million people with its audio products. For more about the new SiriusXM, please go to: SiriusXM.com.
This communication contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such statements include, but are not limited to, statements about future financial and operating results, our plans, objectives, expectations and intentions with respect to future operations, products and services; and other statements identified by words such as "will likely result," "are expected to," "will continue," "is anticipated," "estimated," "believe," "intend," "plan," "projection," "outlook" or words of similar meaning. Such forward-looking statements are based upon the current beliefs and expectations of our management and are inherently subject to significant business, economic and competitive uncertainties and contingencies, many of which are difficult to predict and generally beyond our control. Actual results and the timing of events may differ materially from the results anticipated in these forward-looking statements.
The following factors, among others, could cause actual results and the timing of events to differ materially from the anticipated results or other expectations expressed in the forward-looking statements: our substantial competition, which is likely to increase over time; our ability to attract or increase the number of subscribers, which is uncertain; our ability to profitably attract and retain more price-sensitive consumers; failure to protect the security of personal information about our customers; interference to our service from wireless operations; a decline in the effectiveness of our extensive marketing efforts; consumer protection laws and their enforcement; our failure to realize benefits of acquisitions or other strategic initiatives, including the acquisition of Pandora Media, Inc.; unfavorable outcomes of pending or future litigation; the market for music rights, which is changing and subject to uncertainties; our dependence upon the auto industry; general economic conditions; existing or future government laws and regulations could harm our business; failure of our satellites would significantly damage our business; the interruption or failure of our information technology and communications systems; rapid technological and industry changes; failure of third parties to perform; our failure to comply with FCC requirements; modifications to our business plan; our indebtedness; damage to our studios, networks or other facilities as a result of terrorism or natural catastrophes; our principal stockholder has significant influence over our affairs and over actions requiring stockholder approval and its interests may differ from interests of other holders of our common stock; impairment of our business by third-party intellectual property rights; and changes to our dividend policies which could occur at any time. Additional factors that could cause our results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements can be found in our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2018, which is filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC") and available at the SEC's Internet site (http://www.sec.gov). The information set forth herein speaks only as of the date hereof, and we disclaim any intention or obligation to update any forward looking statements as a result of developments occurring after the date of this communication.
Media contact for SiriusXM:
SOURCE Sirius XM Holdings Inc.