ARLINGTON, Va., May 8, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Society of Chemical Manufacturers and Affiliates (SOCMA) is sponsoring two panel discussions on the State of Innovation and Industry Transformation and Mega Mergers and the Impact on Global Agricultural Sourcing, and SOCMA Board of Governors member John Foley, CEO of KMCO, LLC, is giving the keynote address during the opening session at the InformEx and CPhI North America Trade Shows on Tuesday, May 16, at the Philadelphia Convention Center in Philadelphia, PA.
"We look forward to showcasing the expertise of SOCMA's membership during the keynote address and panel discussions at this year's show," said SOCMA President and CEO Jennifer Abril. "I want to especially thank all of our speakers and moderators for creating a dialogue on the key topics facing specialty and fine chemical manufacturers. In our industry, innovation is the very definition of specialty chemistry, and we look forward to the insight these speakers can provide about how current innovation is transforming all phases of the manufacturing process, as well as the impact mega mergers are having on our industry supply chain."
SOCMA will contribute to multiple learning opportunities during the show's Connect sessions May 16-18. Sessions on the InformEx side include:
- Accelerating Value Creation via Innovation and Transformation: Opportunity Beyond the Laboratory Beaker
The morning will kick off with a keynote address from John Foley in Room 118BC from 8:50 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. Foley will share his approach and experiences in developing strategic vision, simplifying processes, and building engaged, aligned organizations to accelerate top and bottom line growth.
- State of Innovation and Industry Transformation
Set for 9:45 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. in Room 118BC, the session will be moderated by Speciality Chemicals Magazine Editor Dr. Sarah Harding and features panelists:
- Michael Ott, President and CEO, Polysciences, Inc.
- Jack Drawdy, Vice President - Sales & Business Development, MFG Chemical, Inc.
- Joe Dettinger, Director EHS&S and Government Relations, Bimax, Inc.
- Mega Mergers and the Impact on Global Agricultural Sourcing - Managing Supply Chain Thru Consolidation
Set for 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. in Room 118A, the session will be moderated by Meagan Parrish, Editor of ChemInfo, and features industry experts:
- Jim DeLisi, President of Fanwood Chemical, Inc., and chair of SOCMA's International Trade Committee
- Alex Polinsky, retired employee of Syngenta Agro and consultant
Sessions on the CPhI side include:
- Navigating GDUFA - Reduce Cost and Accelerate Delivery
Set for 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. in Room 113C, expert speakers will explore the role of the Food and Drug Administration Center for Drug Evaluation and Research's Office of Generic Drugs (OGD) in its review and approval of Abbreviated New Drug Applications (ANDAs). Speakers include:
- John DiLoreto, Executive Director, SOCMA Bulk Pharmaceuticals Task Force
- Jonathan S. Helfgott, Adjunct Professor, Johns Hopkins University Graduate Program in Regulatory Science & Former Acting Associate Director, Office of Scientific Investigations, CDER, Johns Hopkins
"We invite you to join us for all of these informative sessions, and please drop by our booth #1059, so we can share with you some of the exciting changes taking place at SOCMA," Abril said.
Since 1921 SOCMA has represented a diverse membership of chemical companies located around the world bringing world-class support uniquely tailored to enhance the operational excellence of our member companies. www.socma.com
Director, Marketing and Communications
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/socma-members-to-share-insight-on-key-industry-issues-at-informex-and-cphi-north-america-300453222.html
SOURCE Society of Chemical Manufacturers & Affiliates