LAS VEGAS, Jan. 8, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Sogou Inc. (NYSE: SOGO) ("Sogou" or "the Company"), an innovator in search and a leader in China's internet industry, brings its latest AI-powered products and services to the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2020 in Las Vegas, showcasing innovative technologies in three major areas: AI Vocational Avatar, Sogou Simultaneous Interpretation, and AI-Powered Devices. These demonstrate Sogou's expertise in language-centric AI technologies and its continued commitment to making it easy for people to communicate and get information.
"We are excited to attend CES 2020 to demonstrate Sogou's latest achievements, which speak to our leading technological capabilities and long-term dedication to AI," said Yang Hongtao, CTO of Sogou. "AI is reshaping how we live, from having professional virtual assistants to bringing down language barriers. Sogou has leveraged machine learning and cutting-edge natural language processing technology to create highly integrated solutions. We will continue to explore potential applications of AI technologies and look forward to bringing more industry-leading AI services to users and partners globally."
AI Vocational Avatar
By integrating the latest advances in image detection, speech synthesis and reconstruction, and best-in-class algorithms, Sogou Vocational Avatar can present a lifelike resemblance of a human being, providing a highly dynamic and seamless experience for users. Since its debut in 2018, Sogou has made substantial progress in expanding the application of its Vocational Avatar technology in various sectors, including AI News Anchors in news broadcasting, AI Virtual Judge in legal services, and AI Customer Service Avatar in the financial services industry.
AI-powered simultaneous machine interpretation has been a critical component of Sogou's use of AI technology in cross-language communication. Sogou Simultaneous Interpretation has undergone three upgrades since it was first unveiled in 2016 at the World Internet Conference in Wuzhen, China.
The latest upgrade, Sogou Simultaneous Interpretation 3.0, significantly enhances the efficiency and accuracy of machine translation by combining computer vision and AI self-learning capabilities that enable the instant capture and comprehension of multimodal information presented by the speaker. It is the first machine interpretation system that can "see" and "think" in real-time as the presenter speaks.
Sogou's AI-Powered Devices are designed to help users overcome a wide range of challenges, be it reading a menu when traveling abroad or translating meeting minutes. These products are driven by Sogou's award-winning AI capabilities.
- Sogou Smart Recorder C1 and C1 Pro: Launched in March 2019, Sogou AI Recorder C1 is a portable hardware device that supports recording, transcription, translation, and interpretation of both real-time and recorded conversations with a 95% transcription accuracy rate. Six months after the launch of Sogou Smart Recorder C1, the upgraded C1 Pro was introduced with a larger storage space and a transcription accuracy rate of 97%.
- Sogou Translator Pro: Translator Pro is a multi-lingual human-to-machine translation device designed for travelers. The device can translate between up to 63 languages, covering over 200 countries. Translator Pro provides high-quality offline translation when there is no internet connection.
- Sogou Smart Watch: Designed for children, Sogou Smart Watch integrates positioning systems such as GPS, Beidou and Wi-Fi to track children's location and ensure their safety. It incorporates multiple AI-enabled features, such as intelligent Q&A, storytelling, video calls, and spoken English practice.
- Sogou Launches AI-powered Simultaneous Interpretation 3.0, Opening a New Era of Multimodal Cognition Capacity
- Sogou Launches its AI-Powered Dictation Service to Empower Voice Recorder Industry
- Sogou Launches World's First Chinese-Speaking AI Customer Service Avatar for the Financial Services Industry
- Sogou Recognized as One of Fast Company's 2019 Most Innovative Companies
Safe Harbor Statement
This announcement contains forward-looking statements. Statements that are not historical facts, including statements about our beliefs and expectations, are forward-looking statements. These statements are based on current plans, estimates, and projections, which involve inherent risks and uncertainties. We caution you that a number of important factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those contained in any forward-looking statement. Potential risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, intense competition in the market for search and search-related services; our need to continually innovate and adapt in order to grow our business; our reliance on Tencent platforms for a significant portion of our user traffic; and uncertainty regarding the extent and reach of PRC governmental regulation of sponsored search. Further information regarding these and other risks is included in Sogou's Annual Report on Form 20-F for the year ended December 31, 2018 filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on March 28, 2019, and other documents Sogou files with or submits to the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Sogou Inc. (NYSE: SOGO) is an innovator in search and a leader in China's internet industry. With a mission to make it easy to communicate and get information, Sogou has grown to become the second-largest search engine by mobile queries and the fourth largest internet company by MAU in China. Sogou has a wide range of innovative products and services, including the Sogou Input Method, which is the largest Chinese language input software for both mobile and PC. Sogou is also at the forefront of AI development and has made significant breakthroughs in voice and image technologies, machine translation, and Q&A, which have been successfully integrated into our products and services.
For media enquiries, please contact:
Tel: +86 10 5960-8600
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE Sogou Inc.