DALLAS, June 29, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- For the thirteenth consecutive year, the Sunoco Free Fuel 5000 sweepstakes is returning to reward loyal Sunoco customers, race fans and Sunoco credit card holders nationwide with $5,000 in free fuel. Here are some of our favorite stories from last year's Grand Prize winners from Florida, Alabama, Ohio, Texas and Pennsylvania:
- Riley Bass, Orlando, FL: A father and Walt Disney World Employee, Riley had always been a loyal Sunoco customer. Since winning, Riley has used his prize to help his extended family out with fuel expenses, and he's planning a summer road trip up to Niagara Falls in Canada before his eldest daughter starts college in the fall. Bass said, "This prize has given me a sense of freedom to go anywhere I want."
- Darlene McGaw, Union Springs, AL: Retired middle school teacher, Darlene McGaw, used her $5,000 worth of free Sunoco UltraTech™ fuel to support the local band she volunteers for: Chilly's ICE Cool Band. "The band, which is made up of about 40 children ages three to eighteen means the world to me and we constantly have hard time getting buses or cars to take the children and volunteers to local performances, so this prize helped to alleviate those obstacles for a few months, and Sunoco made that happen."
- Larry Greathouse, Newton Falls, OH: Larry Greathouse learned to use Sunoco fuel by his late father and is thankful for the early life lesson. "When I won this prize, it was the best thing that ever happened to me besides marrying my wife, but when Sunoco gave us tickets to a NASCAR race, too, my dreams really came true. Sunoco fuel has always meant everything to me, and now I have an even stronger appreciation for the company."
- William May, Houston, TX: Houston native, William May, goes to the Sunoco/Stripes station on Sheldon Road 10 times during the work week for fuel, Gatorade and tacos. One trip was extra special in 2016 when he was spotted with his Sunoco decal and entered into the running for the Free Fuel 5000 Grand Prize. "From winning this prize and getting a new home to expecting a baby this fall, I don't know how much luckier I can get!"
- Pacifico Marple Ford Dealership, Broomall, PA: Joe Pacifico – owner of Pacifico Marple Ford, applied for the Sunoco Universal Fleet card almost four years ago to help save up to 6 cents per gallon on fuel. Last year, the fleet card came with an unexpected advantage. The Grand Prize helped to minimalize fuel costs for the company for more than three months. "When our company initially won, we couldn't believe it. Sunoco has and always will be a staple for our business, and this prize further solidified that decision."
"This is the thirteenth year of the Sunoco Free Fuel 5000 sweepstakes, and every year the stories of how our loyal customers plan to use their fuel never ceases to amaze us," said Mark Burford, Senior Director, Marketing. "We've heard from past winners who will visit faraway family members, take dream vacations and even fulfill volunteer responsibilities. Sunoco is proud to award $5000 in free fuel to our Grand Prize winners and Instant Winner prizes to thousands spotted this year."
Official spotters will be visiting all Sunoco stations and select grocery partner locations during July and August to award Sunoco gift cards to drivers seen with the iconic Sunoco decal on their car. Customers spotted will be entered for a chance to win the $5,000 Grand Prize. There are three ways to get your Sunoco decal stop by any participating Sunoco station to pick one up for free; request a decal on Facebook; or mail a stamped and self-addressed envelope with a request to the address provided on the Sunoco website.
Three additional credit card users from the Sunoco Rewards, Sunoco SunTrak and Sunoco Universal Fleet loyalty programs will be randomly selected for the Grand Prize.
To learn more about the 2017 Sunoco UltraTech™ Free Fuel 5000 Sweepstakes or read the official rules, visit www.sunoco.com/freefuel5000
About the Sunoco UltraTech™ Free Fuel 5000 Sweepstakes
For the thirteenth year in row, Sunoco is rewarding loyal customers and race fans with the chance to win $5,000 in free Sunoco UltraTech™ fuel. With over 100,000 customers spotted at retail since the promotion's inception and millions of decals on cars across America, Free Fuel 5000 takes the brand to places near and far, and gives all customers more reason to fill up at a Sunoco station. Sunoco looks forward to surprising thousands spotted with decals at gas stations and participating grocery locations with the Grand Prize of $5000 in Sunoco UltraTech™ fuel.
About Sunoco LP
(NYSE: SUN) is a master limited partnership that operates 1,355 convenience stores and retail fuel sites and distributes motor fuel to 7,825 convenience stores, independent dealers, commercial customers and distributors located in 30 states. SUN's general partner is a wholly owned subsidiary of Energy Transfer Equity, L.P. (NYSE: ETE).
SOURCE Sunoco LP