LAS VEGAS, Jan. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ : SMCI ), a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server, storage technology and green computing exhibits its latest server and workstation solutions optimized for extreme performance cloud and desktop gaming this week at CES 2014 in Las Vegas. Cloud computing has spread beyond the enterprise and Supermicro is geared up with the industry's widest range of platforms to support this next revolution in on-demand gaming. Supermicro 1U, 2U and 4U/Tower server clusters certified with NVIDIA GRID™ cloud gaming technology deliver a highly scalable cloud gaming infrastructure for Gaming-as-a-Service (GaaS) providers and operators. High performance GRID K520 enabled platforms deliver gamers the immersive 3D HD experience of dedicated consoles or high-end PCs. GRID K340 enabled platforms support higher densities of concurrent users for casual gaming applications. For hardcore PC gamers or that prefer maximum performance at their desktop, Supermicro also offers a server-grade gaming system (SYS-5038AD-T) and a wide range of GPU enabled SuperWorkstations.
"Cloud-based gaming is a natural extension of console and PC-based gaming and Supermicro has the industry's widest range of enterprise class GPU server solutions optimized for this dynamic, compute-intensive application," said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. "Our servers offer the highest GPU density in their class, supporting up to four GPUs in 1U, six in 2U and even twelve GPUs in a 4U FatTwin. With the most flexible server solutions available to maximize HD quality game streams, we help customers increase productivity and profitability with the highest levels of compute performance and energy efficiency per server, per node, per square foot."
Cloud Gaming SuperServer® Solutions
- 1U SYS-1027GR-TRF-CG – 3x NVIDIA GRID K340 / 3x K520 GPUs, 36x–72x Game Streams
- 1U AS-1022GG-TF – 2x NVIDIA GRID K340 / 2x K520 GPUs, 24x–48x Game Streams
- 2U SYS-2027GR-TRF-CG – 3x NVIDIA GRID K340 / 4x K520 GPUs, 48x–72x Game Streams
- 4U/Tower SYS-7047GR-TPRF-CG – 3x NVIDIA GRID K340 / 4x K520 GPUs, 48x–72x Game Streams
Extreme Performance Gaming System – Mid-Tower SuperServer® (SYS-5038AD-T) with overclock capability.
- Supports Intel® 4th Gen. Core™ i3/i5/i7 processors
- 3x overclock presets (15%, 23%, User Defined)
- Up to 32GB DDR3 1600MHz (overclockable to 3000MHz)
- 3x PCI-E 3.0 (x16) and 3x (x1) PCI-E 2.0 (in x4) expansion slots
- 3x 3.5" Hot-swap Internal Drive Bays, 2x 3.5" Hot-swap External Drive Bays, optional 4x 2.5" Hot-swap External Drive Bay Cage, 2x 5.25" Peripheral Drive Bays and 1x 3.5" Device Bay
- Triple Display Support – 1x HDMI, 1x DVI, 1x VGA, 1x Thunderbolt (DP 1.1)
- 2x GbE LAN, 8x USB 3.0, 10x USB 2.0
- 7.1 HD Audio (Realtek ALC1150)
Additional CES 2014 Exhibits
- High Performance Entry-Level SuperWorkstation (SYS-5038A-iL) – Supports single Intel® Xeon® E3-1200 V3 or Intel® 4th Generation Core™ i3/i5/i7 processor, up to 32GB memory, 8x SATA 3.0 6Gb/s ports, 2x PCI-E 3.0 (x16), 3x PCI-E 2.0 (x1 in x4 slots), 2x Gigabit LAN ports, triple display support (1x HDMI, 1x Display Port, 1x DVI, 1x VGA) and 7.1 HD Audio
- Whisper Quiet, Small Form Factor Tower Server (SYS-5038D-I) – Supports single Intel® Xeon® E3-1200 V3 or Intel® 4th Generation Core™ i3/i5/i7 processor, up to 32GB memory, 2x SATA 3.0 6Gb/s and 4x SATA 2.0 3Gb/s ports, 1x PCI-E 3.0 (x8 in x16), 1x PCI-E 3.0 (x8), 1x PCI-E 2.0 (x4 in x8) slots, 2x Gigabit LAN + 1x dedicated IPMI 2.0 LAN ports
- Hyper-Speed 4U/Tower SuperWorkstation (SYS-7047AX-TRF) – Supports dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 V2 processors (up to 150W TDP), 1TB memory, 8x Hot-swap 3.5" SATA HDD Bays, 2x PCI-E 3.0 (x16), 3x PCI-E 3.0 (x8), 1x UIO PCI-E 3.0 (x8 for SMC UIO) or 1x PCI-E 2.0 (x4 in x8), 2x GbE LAN + 1x dedicated IPMI 2.0 LAN ports, 7.1 HD Audio and 1280W Redundant High-efficiency (95%) Digital Switching Power Supplies w/ PMBus
- Network Appliance (SYS-5018A-TN4 / -FTN4) for Security and File Servers – Supports Intel® Atom™ 2750 (20W, 8-core) SoC, up to 32GB ECC memory, 2x 3.5" fixed SATA 3.0 (optional 4x 2.5") HDD/SSDs, 1x SATA DOM connector, 1x PCI-E 2.0 (x8), 4x GbE LAN ports + dedicated IPMI; Front I/O, C2758 (20W, 8-core) SoC w/ Intel® QuickAssist Acceleration technology (-FTN4 SKU)
Supermicro will exhibit its Cloud Gaming solutions at CES 2014, January 7th-10th at the Las Vegas Convention Center, in the South Hall Gaming Showcase, Booth #25813.
Visit www.supermicro.com/Cloud_Gaming for server solutions designed and certified for NVIDIA GRID cloud gaming.
Visit www.supermicro.com/Gaming for complete details on Supermicro's Mid-Tower gaming system.
About Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Supermicro® (NASDAQ : SMCI ), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermicro is committed to protecting the environment through its "We Keep IT Green®" initiative and provides customers with the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly solutions available on the market.
Supermicro, SuperServer, Building Block Solutions and We Keep IT Green are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Super Micro Computer, Inc.
All other brands, names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Super Micro Computer, Inc.