Supermicro Ships Application-Optimized UP Solutions with Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1200 Product Family
Servers and Server Boards Deliver up to 25% Performance Improvement, 2x Memory Footprint, 20 PCI-E 2.0 Lanes, and SATA 3.0
05 Apr, 2011, 01:01 ET
SAN JOSE, Calif., April 5, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI), a global leader in server technology innovation and green computing, today announced a broad selection of uni-processor (UP) server building blocks optimized for the Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 product family (formerly codenamed Sandy Bridge) and Intel C202/C204 Chipsets. This new generation of UP server solutions delivers increased throughput, and higher performance-per-watt and performance-per-dollar compared to its predecessors by delivering up to 25% performance improvement, 2x the memory footprint (32 GB total), 20 PCI-E 2.0 lanes, and two SATA 6 Gb/s ports (SATA 3.0).
"Our advanced SuperServer® architecture and broad selection of products optimized for the new generation UP Intel® Xeon® server processors deliver greater performance and lower power consumption with reduced TCO for customers," said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. "We believe that these latest 4 / 2-Core UP server solutions will help IT managers seeking higher performance and efficiency to realize better results with fewer resources to optimize their operations."
"End users are demanding server solutions with increased performance, ECC memory support, and decreased power consumption," said Boyd Davis, VP and GM of Intel Data Center Group Marketing. "Supermicro and Intel are enabling customers to realize improvements across all of these categories with Supermicro's server solutions based on the new Intel® Xeon® processor E3 family."
Today's announcement comprises eight new SuperServer® models, and eight new server boards including mainstream X9SCL(-F), performance X9SCM(-F), quad LAN X9SCi-LN4(-F), and full-featured X9SCA(-F). The SuperServers® consist of the following optimized configurations:
- Storage and cloud computing optimized 5017C-MTF with X9SCL-F server board and high-performance Gold Level power SuperChassis 813MTQ-350CB
- SMB optimized 5017C-MTRF server with X9SCL-F server board and Gold Level high-efficiency redundant power SuperChassis 813MTQ-R400CB
- High-performance, low-TCO mainstream 1017C-TF with X9SCL-F server board and cost-effective Gold Level high-efficiency power SuperChassis 111LT-330CB chassis
- Value optimized server 5017C-TF with X9SCM-F server board and Gold Level power SuperChassis 811TQ-350B
- Low-power, appliance optimized high-efficiency 5017C-LF with X9SCL-F server board and short-depth SuperChassis 510L-200B
- Entry-level, compact all-purpose 5017C-MF with X9SCL-F server board and space efficient SuperChassis 512F-350CB
- Performance 5037C-T mid-tower server with X9SCA server board and whisper-quiet 21dB SuperChassis 732i-500B
- Value 5037C-i mini-tower server with X9SCL server board and 25dB whisper-quiet SuperChassis 731i-300B
Detailed product information on this launch is available at http://www.supermicro.com/rd/PR/Bromolow.cfm. For complete information on Supermicro's comprehensive line of server, server board and chassis solutions please visit www.Supermicro.com.
About Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of end-to-end server solutions for Enterprise IT, HPC and Cloud Computing worldwide. Supermicro's advanced Server Building Block Solutions®, offer the most comprehensive array of application-optimized servers, workstations, blades, storage, GPU systems, network switches and rack cabinets/accessories for IT and datacenter deployments. The company's system architecture innovations include Twin Architecture, SuperBlade® and Double-Sided Storage™ which deliver unrivaled performance and value. Supermicro is committed to protecting the environment through its "We Keep IT Green®" initiative by providing customers with the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly solutions available on the market. Founded in 1993 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Supermicro has operations centers in Silicon Valley, Taiwan and the Netherlands and partners with major Distributors, VARs and SIs worldwide. For more information please visit www.supermicro.com.
Supermicro, SuperServer, SuperBlade, Server Building Block Solutions and We Keep IT Green are registered trademarks and Double-Sided Storage are trademarks of Super Micro Computer, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Intel, Intel Xeon, the Intel Xeon logo and the Intel logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.
SOURCE Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Share this article