CONWAY, Ark., Nov. 10, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Metova, a leading provider of custom software solutions for mobile, web, connected home and car, and Internet of Things (IoT) for the private and public sector today announced the results of a new blind survey of over 1000 people in the United States who have stayed at a hotel, resort, or casino in the past two years regarding their sentiment about COVID-19 practices, concerns, and technology in the hospitality industry.
Notably, the survey found 90% say it is very important the facility they visit enforces COVID-19 safety policies, while almost 80% have avoided staying in a hotel, casino, or resort specifically due to COVID-19. In addition, nearly 90% prefer that the hotel they visit has a mobile app offering the ability to completely manage their stay without having to interact with a person – and 86% would choose one hotel over another if one offered the option of a mobile application offering a fully contactless mobile check-in, concierge, check-out and facility reservation services.
To read an exclusive Q&A with a senior hotel operations leader of one of Las Vegas' leading hotels on COVID-19's effect on the hospitality industry in Las Vegas, please visit: https://Metova.com/qa-new-normal-for-hotels-resorts-and-casinos-amid-covid-19/
For a freely reusable, downloadable infographic summarizing Metova's Fall 2020 Hospitality survey, visit: https://Metova.com/infographic-survey-tech-supported-new-normal-hotels-covid-19/
"COVID-19 has accelerated customer demand for technologies such as mobile check-in apps, keyless entry, and mobile concierge services that enable a contactless experience while adding convenience that did not exist in the past," said Jonathan Sasse, chief strategy officer at Metova. "And not only are these technologies a deciding factor when a customer has the choice to pick one hotel, casino, or resort over another, but the overall desire for them is here to stay."
Metova's Fall 2020 Hospitality Survey:
- 78% have avoided staying in a hotel, casino, or resort specifically due to COVID-19
- 90% say it is very or extremely important that the facility they stay at enforces COVID-19 safety policies
- Nearly 90% prefer that the hotel they stay at has a mobile app offering the ability to completely manage a stay without having to interact with a person
- 86% say other things being equal, they would choose one hotel over another if one offered the option of a fully contactless mobile check-in, concierge, check-out, and facility reservation app
- 60% have stayed in a hotel, casino, or resort in the past 6 months
- 82% feel the COVID-19 pandemic will bring about changes to the onsite lodging experience that will last well into the future
- Mobile check-in and alerts for on-site amenities (68%), access to room via mobile app (61%), and online concierge services via mobile app (55%) are the changes of most value to in a future hotel stay
Additional Metova technology and culture sentiment surveys include: Telehealth, Contact Tracing and COVID-19, Working From Home Due to COVID-19, Internet of Things, Mobile First, the Connected Car and Smartphones and Healthcare.
Founded in 2006, with a belief that mobile would be even more transformative than the internet, Metova set out to build innovative mobile applications while also creating a great place for people to work. Today, Metova continues to build on its success by retaining world-class talent and helping companies transform their business through technology. After identifying customer needs, informed through industry-trusted surveys and analysis, Metova defines and builds the experiences customers expect, aligned with business goals to streamline workflows and increase revenues – while delighting customers and disrupting industries.
Copyright © 2009-2020 by Metova Inc, LLC. All rights reserved.