CAMBRIDGE, Mass., Dec. 29, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Sustainability Roundtable, Inc. ("SR Inc."), the leader in shared-cost research and consulting on best practices in more sustainable business, recognized Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq: INTU) as the Sustainable Business & Enterprise Roundtable's (SBER) Outstanding Corporate Leader of 2015.
SR Inc. recognized Intuit for its leadership in developing and driving optimization efforts towards more sustainable real estate and operations globally. Specifically, SR Inc. cited Intuit's leadership in increasing water and energy efficiency and reducing waste throughout its leased portfolio while also identifying innovative ways to directly source renewable energy. The award was presented during SR Inc.'s Fourth Quarter Executive Symposium: "Portfolio Managers Meet the Internet of Everything & Renewable Energy Revolutions," hosted at Intuit's headquarters in Mountain View, Calif.
"Intuit's years-long leadership in more sustainable operations has been underreported from employee transportation to water efficiency and energy management," noted SR Inc. CEO and Chairman Jim Boyle. He continued, "Intuit regularly leads and is especially impressive in the leased environment where many claim they can't make substantial progress toward greater sustainability. Intuit proves that they can."
"We're proud of our sustainability results, and are striving to do even better," said Sean Kinghorn, Intuit's Senior Sustainability Program Manager. "We have incredibly intelligent and passionate employees and leaders who care deeply about our customers, communities and the planet. Ultimately we'll succeed as sustainability becomes a greater part of our culture and gets embedded in all of our decision-making processes."
This past year, sustainability highlights at Intuit have included:
- Taking significant strides toward reducing Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions by 20 percent from 2012 levels by 2020, and by 80 percent by 2050.
- Reducing emissions from all facilities by 36 percent from 2012 levels, with a goal of 50 percent by 2020.
- Consolidating data center operations to a facility that is 90 percent powered by renewable energy.
- Beginning to scale intelligent building software across the company's sites around the world, including leased space.
- Installing sensors to provide real-time energy monitoring and automatically adjust lighting, HVAC and video teleconferencing technology based on occupancy.
- Signing a power purchase agreement for Texas wind power to meet 100 percent of its Dallas-area site's electricity demand.
- Installing solar arrays on carports to meet approximately 37 percent of the Tucson site's electricity demand.
- Achieving carbon neutrality by investing in carbon offset projects that support small businesses around the world while providing environmental benefits.
- Reducing total waste while increasing the percent of waste diverted from landfills; piloting innovative waste reduction initiatives at the San Diego campus.
- Launching a highly successful solar discount program for employees.
Intuit Inc. creates business and financial management solutions that simplify the business of life for small businesses, consumers and accounting professionals.
Its flagship products and services include QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, which make it easier to manage small businesses and tax preparation and filing. Mint.com provides a fresh, easy and intelligent way for people to manage their money, while ProSeries® and Lacerte® are Intuit's leading tax preparation offerings for professional accountants.
Founded in 1983, Intuit had revenue of $4.2 billion in its fiscal year 2015. The company has approximately 7,700 employees with major offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, India and other locations. More information can be found at www.intuit.com.
About SR Inc.:
Sustainability Roundtable Inc (SR Inc) is a private, mission driven, research and consulting company based in Cambridge, MA. SR Inc's mission is to accelerate the development and adoption of best practices in more sustainable business. Since 2009, SR Inc has advised companies who own or lease more than one billion square feet of real estate and who are leading the global move to more sustainable real estate and operations. SR Inc provides Member companies with confidential annual assessments and management recommendations and helps them develop strategies, set goals, assess solutions, measure progress and report results internally and externally for more sustainable real estate and operations locally and globally.
For information regarding Membership in Sustainability Roundtable, Inc please visit our website at www.sustainround.com or call us at 617-682-3632.
SOURCE Sustainability Roundtable, Inc.