SAN FRANCISCO, April 20, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The global thermal spray coatings market size is projected to reach USD 14.1 billion by 2028, registering a CAGR of 4.1% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The global market is anticipated to be driven by the increasing product application scope owing to advantages, such as wear and corrosion protection, low toxic gas emissions, thickness capability, and electrical resistance.
Key suggestions from the report:
- The aerospace application segment dominated the market with a revenue share of 32.2% in 2020
- The high growth is attributed to the wide product usage in aerospace applications as it helps reduce the high-temperature effects on components and increase their lifespan
- Ceramics was the dominant product segment and accounted for the highest revenue share in 2020
- This growth is credited to the high demand for these products from the industries, such as healthcare, aerospace & defense, energy, and industrial goods
- The global market is highly competitive because of the presence of several medium- and small-scale companies across the globe
- Key manufacturers focus on developing innovative formulas to offer diverse and high-quality products
Read 205 page research report with ToC on "Thermal Spray Coatings Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Ceramic, Abradables), By Application (Aerospace, Medical), By Technology (Plasma, Flame Sprays), And Segment Forecasts, 2021 - 2028" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/thermal-spray-coatings-market
Thermal spraying is used to improve or restore the surface of a solid material. It can also be used for applying coatings to a wide range of components and materials for better resistance against cavitation, wear, abrasion erosion, and heat. Approximately, 40 to 45% of paints & coatings produced globally are used as protective and decorative paints in the architecture industry. These can be used either for existing or newly constructed structures including monuments, private offices, residential buildings, plants & factories, and public buildings.
China, India, and Indonesia are majorly contributing to the growth of the construction industry in Asia Pacific. The rising population coupled with rapid urbanization & industrialization, especially in the aforementioned economies, has encouraged governments to increase their construction spending and boost infrastructural development. Furthermore, the rising popularity of powder-based coatings owing to the low cost is also significantly contributing to the growth of the global coatings market. Various rules are applicable, in terms of the manufacturing of coatings, due to the carcinogenic and flammable nature of solvents.
However, powder-based coatings are eco-friendly as they contain no solvents and hence do not lead to Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), which cause air pollution. The Covid-19 pandemic has severely disrupted supply chains and sharply curtailed product demand. Restriction in transportation and supply due to slowdown or halting of factories and partial or nationwide lockdowns in several countries to restrain the spread of the coronavirus are expected to have an adverse impact on market growth.
Grand View Research has segmented the global thermal spray coatings market on the basis of product, technology, application, and region:
- Thermal Spray Coating Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- Thermal Spray Coating Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- High-Velocity Oxy-Fuel (HVOF)
- Electric Arc
- Thermal Spray Coating Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- Industrial Gas Turbine
- Oil & Gas
- Pulp & Paper
- Thermal Spray Coating Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates (UAE)
List of Key Players of Thermal Spray Coatings Market
- Praxair Surface Technologies, Inc.
- H.C. Starck, Inc.
- Wall Colmonoy Corp.
- Powder Alloy Corp.
- Saint-Gobain S.A.
- Carpenter Technology Corp.
- Durum Verschleiss-Schutz GmbH
- Montreal Carbide Co. Ltd.
- Progressive Surface, Inc.
- American Roller Company, LLC
- Lincotek Surface Solutions
- John Wood Group PLC
- Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
- Metallizing Equipment Co. Pvt. Ltd.
Find more research reports on Plastics, Polymers & Resins Industry, by Grand View Research:
- U.S. Thermal Spray Coating For Oil & Gas Market – Thermal coatings are used in a variety of applications including oil and gas, aerospace, petrochemical, marine, and automotive. There are a variety of coatings available that can be used depending upon the specific requirements of the industry.
- Antimicrobial Coatings Market – Growing concerns regarding cleanliness in various industries have led to the increased product demand, resulting in the rapid development of the global market. Antimicrobial coatings are used to protect surfaces against micro-organisms, which primarily include parasites, germs, bacteria, and unwanted micro-organisms.
- Anti-corrosion Coatings Market – The rising demand for thin-walled durable metallic components in the manufacturing of lightweight products, which are used in various industries including building & construction, automotive, marine, and oil & gas is expected to propel the market growth over the forecast period.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.