SAN FRANCISCO, May 6, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global tissue engineered skin substitutes market size is expected to reach USD 947.3 million by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 4.7%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Technological advancements, high demand for skin grafts, and rising prevalence of acute wounds are the key driving factors for the market.
Rising demand for skin grafts is a major factor boosting market growth. The recent trend of burn care and treatment has shifted to a more comprehensive approach which not only focuses on recovery from burn injury but also on improvement in long-term function and form of the healed injury and quality of life. Owing to this trend the demand for use of grafting and other substitutes in treatment and management of acute burns has increased and is rising at a constant pace.
Key suggestions from the report:
- In terms of revenue, the biological segment held the market share in 2019 as the graft is prepared from patient's skin and it easily matches with the infected site
- The acute wounds segment held the largest market share in 2019 as skin grafts are, generally, used in the treatment of burn injuries and surgeries. Thus, increasing prevalence of burn cases is anticipated to drive the market
- The hospital segment held the largest market share in 2019 and is expected to witness the fastest growth rate over the forecast period due to the increasing number of surgeries
- In Asia Pacific, the market is expected to witness the fastest growth rate over the forecast period owing to the rising prevalence of chronic and acute wounds in this region
- Prominent key players present in the tissue engineered skin substitutes market are Amarantus BioScience Holdings; Organogenesis, Inc.; KCI Licensing, Inc.; Smith and Nephew; BSN medical; Mölnlycke Health Care AB; Integra LifeSciences Corporation; Medtronic; and Tissue Regenix
Read 120 page research report with ToC on "Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Synthetic, Biosynthetic, Biological), By Application (Acute Wounds, Chronic Wounds), By End Use, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/tissue-engineered-skin-substitutes-market
Skin grafts are majorly used on partial and full thickness burns and have an important role in treatment of burn injuries. The grafts can be biological or synthetic in nature. Biological sources of skin grafts include cadaver skin, skin from the patient itself, and skin obtained from another donor either an allograft or xenograft. Moreover, these grafts provide more intact extracellular matrix, which aids in healing of wounds. Skin grafts allow excellent re-epithelization due to the presence of basement membrane and also show increased control over scaffold composition. It also has advantages over other dressing materials in terms of absorbency and frequency of dressing change. Aforementioned benefits are anticipated to drive the overall growth of the market.
Grand View Research has segmented the global tissue engineered skin substitutes market on the basis of product, application, end use, and region:
- Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Acute Wounds
- Surgery & Trauma
- Burn Injuries
- Chronic Wounds
- Diabetic Foot Ulcers
- Pressure Ulcers
- Venous Leg Ulcers
- Other Chronic Wounds
- Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Wound Care Centers
- Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Find more research reports on Medical Devices Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Surgical Navigation Systems Market – Rising prevalence of target disorders such as osteoarthritis, brain cancer, and ENT disorders along with increasing geriatric population is expected to propel the growth.
- Blood Warmers Market – Rise in surgical procedures worldwide, along with growing incidence of road accident fatalities is anticipated to drive the market growth. Additionally, rising demand of blood warmers from ambulatory services and military/defense sectors is expected to further fuel the growth in near future.
- Single Use Ophthalmic Surgical Devices Market – Increasing in number of ophthalmic complications such as myopia, cataract, diabetic retinopathy, and others is expected to drive the single use ophthalmic surgical devices market.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.