SAN FRANCISCO, January 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Global titanium dioxide market is expected to reach USD 31.19 billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The titanium dioxide market is expected to witness growth owing to increasing use as specialty coating material in automobiles and PV systems. Growing consumption of whitening pigments in paints & coatings industry is expected to fuel growth over the forecast period.
Increasing spending on cosmetics in emerging economies of BRICS on account of growing awareness regarding personal hygiene is expected to drive product demand over the forecast period. In addition, increasing lightweight automotive demand particularly in developed countries is expected to have a positive impact on the sector over the next seven years.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Titanium Dioxide Market Analysis By Application (Paints & Coatings, Plastics, Paper & Pulp, Cosmetics) And Segment Forecasts To 2022" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/titanium-dioxide-industry
Ilmenite was primarily used in titanium dioxide manufacturing, accounting for 45.0% of the total market in 2014. Emergence of new raw materials including rutile, synthetic rutile and upgraded slag along with ample availability is expected to result in continuous feedstock supply thus driving market growth over the forecast period.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Paints & coatings was the largest segment with revenue estimated over USD 8.00 billion in 2014. Titanium dioxide is used for interior architectural paint & coatings application on account of maximum hiding power. Exterior applications require gloss and tint retention, self-cleaning ability and sustainability of atmospheric conditions. The product is increasingly used in industrial coatings on account of opacity, exterior durability, acid-catalyzed coatings and film curing properties. Increasing demand from paints & coatings sector is expected to augment industry growth over the forecast period.
- Plastics application demand was estimated over 1.5 kilo tons in 2014. Increasing use in the manufacturing of doors and windows is expected to have a positive impact on the market over the next seven years.
- Europe was the second largest market with revenue estimated over USD 4.30 billion in 2014. Growing personal care industry in UK, Germany, Italy and France is expected to drive titanium dioxide demand over the forecast period. Introduction of novel gender-specific products is expected to drive personal care and cosmetics market which in turn will augment product demand over the next seven years.
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness fastest growth in terms of revenue at a CAGR of 10.0% from 2015 to 2022 on account of surging demand from paint & coatings and pulp & paper industries. Growing popularity of multinational brands including Avon, Aveda and Revlon in China and India is expected to augment demand over the next seven years. In addition, increasing popularity of personal care products for male population is expected to propel industry growth over the forecast period.
- Global industry is consolidated on account of presence of few major players comprising over 50.0% of the global market. These companies highly invest in R&D for introduction of new cost effective manufacturing routes. In January 2014, Cristal formed a joint venture with Toho Titanium Company Ltd. to produce titanium sponge at a competitive cost resulting in integration across the value chain.
Grand View Research has segmented the global titanium dioxide market on the basis of application and region:
- Titanium Dioxide Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons, Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Paints & coatings
- Pulp & paper
- Titanium Dioxide Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons, Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- North America
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Butyl Rubber (IIR) Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/butyl-rubber-iir-market
- Cosmetics Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/cosmetics-market
- Alcohol Ethoxylate Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/alcohol-ethoxylate-market
- Geosynthetic Clay Liner Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/geosynthetic-clay-liner-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.