SANTA MONICA, Calif., March 9, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- TrueCar.com, the authority on new car pricing, trends and forecasting has compiled a list of the top ten winning cars based on their potential for sales, new technology and/or ground breaking design. Charlie Sheen might say these new or refreshed vehicles for 2011 are made with tiger blood, but we just call them among the best new cars for the coming year.
"These vehicles have really helped push the envelope with technology or design and bring shoppers into the showroom," said Jesse Toprak, Vice President of Industry Trends and Insights at TrueCar.com. "This list also shows how far the domestic automakers have come in such a short period of time."
Some of TrueCar.com's Ten Winning Cars for 2011 include:
- 2011 Ford Explorer: Attractive and completely redesigned, the 2011 Ford Explorer was named the 2011 North American International Truck of the Year and also chosen as a Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) Top Safety Pick and is in a position to be the top selling crossover this year.
- 2011 Chevrolet Volt: The Chevy Volt is the first mass produced electric vehicle and was also chosen as the 2011 North American International Car of the Year. The vehicle can run on electric-only mode for 35 miles before the gasoline engine kicks in for another 340 miles.
- 2011 Chrysler 300: The Chrysler 300 is redesigned and turned heads during the North American International Auto Show in January when introduced. Chrysler has also invested $1 billion on the redesign to make sure the 300 keeps its crown as the "most award-winning car ever."
- 2011 Nissan Leaf: The timing couldn't be better for Nissan's first pure electric vehicle. Up to 100 miles of electric range is just what the doctor ordered for consumers who are tired of rising gas prices.
- 2012 Toyota Corolla: The best selling car of all time is finally getting refreshed and should continue to be one of the best sellers in the United States in 2011 and beyond.
About TrueCar, Inc.
TrueCar, Inc. is an automotive solutions provider focused on changing how cars are sold by providing a significantly better customer experience while helping qualified dealer partners to gain incremental market share and reduce costs. TrueCar.com is a transparent, visual publisher of new car transaction data. TrueCar.com price reports help both dealers and consumers to agree on the parameters of a fair deal by providing an accurate, comprehensive and simple understanding of what others actually paid for the identically equipped new car over the last 30 days both locally and nationally. TrueCar, Inc. works with a national network of nearly 5,000 Certified Dealers that provide up-front, no-haggle, competitive pricing to assist some of the nation's largest and most well respected membership and service organizations to meet the auto buying needs of their members and customers. These partnerships include American Express, AAA, USAA and more than 60 others. Collectively these audiences represent over 1M in-market customers each month. TrueCar, Inc. is headquartered in Santa Monica, CA and has offices in San Francisco. The company was founded in 2005 and has been profitable since 2009. With nearly 200 percent year-over-year growth TrueCar has driven over 200,000 sales and is developing a suite of transaction oriented products and services centered on transparency and radical clarity as a result of comprehensively analyzing market data and information.
This press release and the information contained herein is for noncommercial use on "as-is, as available" basis and may be used for informational purposes only. TrueCar makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, with respect to the information contained in this press release and the results of the use of such information, including but not limited to implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. The information contained in this press release may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Neither TrueCar nor any of its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates or respective partners, officers, or directors, employees or agents shall be held liable for any damages, whether direct, incidental, indirect, special or consequential, including without limitation lost revenues or lost profits, arising from or in connection with your use or reliance on the information presented in this press release.
Available Topic Expert(s): For information on the listed expert(s), click appropriate link.
SOURCE TrueCar, Inc.