SAN FRANCISCO, July 28, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
The global Transplant Diagnostic Market is expected to reach USD 895.2 million by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research Inc. The rising demand for organ transplantation is primarily fueling the demand for transplant diagnostics.
Constant healthcare research and development efforts are resulting in the introduction of technically advanced treatments, such as stem cell therapy and organ transplants. As a result, the adoption of these highly-advanced organ transplantation techniques is creating the demand for transplant diagnostics as they reduce the risk of infections and minimize the chances of an immune response through pre-operative assessments including histocompatibility tests, such as Human Leukocyte Antigen (HLA) typing, which determines donor-receiver organ or tissue compatibility prior to organ transplants.
In addition, pertinent organizations are supporting research and development initiatives in the field of organ transplant through grants and funding. As a result, innovative and advanced diagnostic tools are frequently entering into the market. On the other hand, high cost of the diagnostic tests is one of the major factors hindering the growth of the market.
Geographically, the market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa (MEA). North America and Europe together accounted for the largest market share in 2015. Developed economies and well-established healthcare infrastructure coupled with the presence of a highly developed research infrastructure are accelerating the adoption of organ and tissue transplant therapies in Europe and North America. As a consequence, the demand for transplant diagnostics is high in North America and Europe.
Wide adoption of HLA typing owing to its ability to determine organ compatibility between the donor and the receiver preceding organ transplants and to predict potential perioperative immunological complications is driving the growth of the molecular assay market in North America and Europe.
Asia Pacific is expected to show the fastest growth rate during the forecast period owing to the booming medical tourism in countries, such as India. Availability of advanced healthcare infrastructure and skilled professionals at alower costare anticipated to attract patients worldwide to this region for transplant procedures.
In addition, the presence of highly advanced healthcare infrastructure and the ongoing government initiatives to improve healthcare facilities in the country are collectively anticipated to boost the market growth in Japan during the forecast period. As a result, the Asia Pacific market is anticipated to reach USD 216.6 million in 2024.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Transplant Diagnostic Market Analysis By Technology (Molecular: PCR-based, Sequencing-based; Non-molecular assays: Serological, Mixed Lymphocyte Culture (MLC)), By Product (Reagents and Consumables, Instrument, Services and Software) And Segment Forecasts To 2024" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/transplant-diagnostic-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- The PCR-based molecular assay captured the largest share of the overall market in 2015. The large market share was mainly attributed to the extensive adoption of the PCR technique in HLA typing.
- The sequencing-based typing segment is anticipated to witness significant growth rate from 2016 to 2024. The escalation in the adoption of next generation sequencing (NGS) is the major factor expected to drive the growth of this segment during the forecast period.
- The integration of sequencing with serological typing enhances diagnostic outcomes and, hence is expected to augment the growth of the sequencing segment during the forecast period
- The reagents and consumables segment accounted for the largest market share in 2015. This large share is mainly attributed to the repeat purchase of these products.
- North America captured the largest market share of around 38% in 2015 and is expected to maintain its dominance throughout the forecast period. Well-established research infrastructure, the increasing healthcare expenditure, high adoption rate ofthe advanced diagnostic techniques, and the growing R&D activities are some of the factors supporting the growth of the market in the region.
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period owing to the expanding research opportunities, the increasing health care expenditure, and the rising awareness of organ donation in the region.
- The booming medical tourism industry offers further growth opportunities for the market in Asia Pacific
- Some major players in this market include Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., Illumina, Inc., F.Hoffmann La-Roche AG. Abbott Laboratories, Inc.,Qiagen N.V., Immucor Transplant Diagnostics, Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Affymetrix, Inc., and Omixon Ltd.
Request for free sample of this research report: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/transplant-diagnostic-market/request
Grand View Research has segmented the Transplant Diagnostic Market on the basis of technology, product, and geography.
- Transplant Diagnostic Market by Technology, 2013 - 2024 (USD Million)
- Molecular Assays
- PCR-Based Molecular Assays
- Sequencing-Based Molecular Assays
- Non-Molecular Assays
- Serological Assays
- Mixed Lymphocyte Culture (MLC) Assays
- Molecular Assays
- Transplant Diagnostic Market by Product, 2013 - 2024 (USD Million)
- Reagents and Consumables
- Software and Services
- Transplant Diagnostics Market, by Region, 2013- 2024 (USD Million)
- North America
- U.S. Transplant Diagnostics Market by Product Type
- Canada Transplant Diagnostics Market by Product Type
- U.S. Transplant Diagnostics Market by Technology Type
- Canada Transplant Diagnostics Market by Technology
- Germany Transplant Diagnostics Market by Product Type
- France Transplant Diagnostics Market by Product Type
- Germany Transplant Diagnostics Market by Technology
- France Transplant Diagnostics Market by Technology
- Asia Pacific
- China Transplant Diagnostics Market by Product Type
- India Transplant Diagnostics Market by Product Type
- China Transplant Diagnostics Market by Technology
- India Transplant Diagnostics Market by Technology
- Latin America
- Brazil Transplant Diagnostics Market by Product Type
- Mexico Transplant Diagnostics Market by Product Type
- Brazil Transplant Diagnostics Market by Technology
- Mexico Transplant Diagnostics Market by Technology
- South Africa Transplant Diagnostics Market by Product Type
- South Africa Transplant Diagnostics Market by Technology
- North America
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Bone Morphogenetic Proteins (BMP) Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/bone-morphogenetic-proteins-market
- Live Cell Imaging Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/live-cell-imaging-market
- Biotechnology Reagents Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/biotechnology-reagent-market
- Genetic Disease Diagnostic Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/genetic-disease-diagnostic-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.