SANTA MONICA, Calif., March 23, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- As gas prices continue to stay steady or rise, TrueCar.com, the authority on new car pricing, trends and forecasting, is helping consumers curb some of the pain being felt at the pump by providing a list of helpful mobile applications available on the iPhone and/or Android in "Ten Apps for Saving Money on Gas."
"These phone applications put savings right in the palm of consumers' hands," said Brandy Schaffels, Senior Editor at TrueCar.com. "From finding nearby gas stations with the lowest price, tracking fuel usage and even helping locate carpool buddies, these mobile phone applications can help save money for consumers."
Some of the best mobile apps available to save money on gas include:
- GasBuddy: This application maps or lists gas stations in your current area and can be sorted by distance or price. The cost is free and is available on both the iPhone operating system iOS3.0 or later and the Android 1.5 and up.
- iGasUp: Provides real-time pricing data on 110,000 gas stations from credit card transactions. When you start the application, the ten cheapest gas stations are provided closest to your location, based on price. The application is $0.99 and is compatible with the iPhone iOS2.2.1 or later.
- Waze: Want real-time traffic updates, keeping you from slowing down or idling in traffic? This user-generated data allows users to report traffic jams, accidents, police traps and more. The cost is free and is compatible with iPhone iOS3.0.0 or later.
- Route4me: This application optimizes your route when traveling to multiple destinations to find the best route to your destinations, allowing for 25 to 35 percent better optimized directions. This application is free and available on the iPhone iOS 3.2 or later.
- Carticipate: Carpooling is another way to help you save on gasoline costs. This application enables ride sharing within your network of family, friends and co-workers and matches you to locals going your way. This application is free and compatible with iPhone IOS 3.1.2 or later and also available on Facebook.
TrueCar, Inc. is an automotive solutions provider focused on changing how cars are sold by providing a significantly better customer experience while helping qualified dealer partners to gain incremental market share and reduce costs. TrueCar.com is a transparent, visual publisher of new car transaction data. TrueCar.com price reports help both dealers and consumers to agree on the parameters of a fair deal by providing an accurate, comprehensive and simple understanding of what others actually paid for the identically equipped new car over the last 30 days both locally and nationally. TrueCar, Inc. works with a national network of nearly 5,000 Certified Dealers that provide up-front, no-haggle, competitive pricing to assist some of the nation's largest and most well respected membership and service organizations to meet the auto buying needs of their members and customers. These partnerships include American Express, AAA, USAA and more than 60 others. Collectively these audiences represent over 1M in-market customers each month. TrueCar, Inc. is headquartered in Santa Monica, CA and has offices in San Francisco. The company was founded in 2005 and has been profitable since 2009. With nearly 200 percent year-over-year growth TrueCar has driven more than 250,000 sales and is developing a suite of transaction oriented products and services centered on transparency and radical clarity as a result of comprehensively analyzing market data and information. You can follow TrueCar on Twitter and become a fan of TrueCar on Facebook.
This press release and the information contained herein is for noncommercial use on "as-is, as available" basis and may be used for informational purposes only. TrueCar makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, with respect to the information contained in this press release and the results of the use of such information, including but not limited to implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. The information contained in this press release may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Neither TrueCar nor any of its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates or respective partners, officers, or directors, employees or agents shall be held liable for any damages, whether direct, incidental, indirect, special or consequential, including without limitation lost revenues or lost profits, arising from or in connection with your use or reliance on the information presented in this press release.
Available Topic Expert(s): For information on the listed expert(s), click appropriate link.