MEMPHIS, Tenn., April 23, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- The weather is warming and cities across the country are already being bothered by mosquitoes. TruGreen, the nation's leading professional lawn care company helping people live life outside, is releasing a list of the U.S. cities most bothered by bloodsuckers.
The mosquito-biting season can last from five to seven months of the year, and according to customer data compiled by TruGreen, these cities are most bothered by mosquitoes ruining their time outside:
- Atlanta, GA
- Chicago, IL
- Dallas / Ft. Worth, Texas
- Boston, MA
- Trenton, NJ
- Detroit, MI
- Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Washington, DC
- Tampa, FL
- Nashville, TN
"This year we specifically examined mosquitoes because beyond being a nuisance they also carry diseases that make them a health concern," said John Bell, board certified entomologist and TruGreen regional technical manager. "As the summer approaches, more families are enjoying time outside, and TruGreen knows protecting your family and friends from biting insects is a priority. Our Mosquito Defense service targets mosquitoes where they live, eradicating them from your yard in 24 hours."
No matter where you live, you can minimize mosquitoes in your yard by:
- Removing or regularly replacing standing water that accumulates in things like buckets and birdbaths where mosquitoes lay their eggs.
- Making sure your yard is free from piles of twigs, branches and leaves which provide harborage for mosquitoes.
- Keeping your lawn well mowed and other vegetation trimmed to eliminate cool spots where mosquitoes prefer to hang out.
- Taking the necessary precautions recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and considering hiring a professional lawn care company to kill mosquitoes where they rest – in trees, shrubs, mulched areas and all types of ground cover.
For more information on how to prevent mosquitoes from ruining your time outside, visit www.trugreen.com.
The list of cities most bothered by mosquitoes was developed by TruGreen based on an analysis of customer sales data from January 2017 to December 2017.
Memphis, Tennessee-based TruGreen is the nation's largest lawn care company, serving more than 2.3 million residential and commercial customers across the United States with lawn, tree and shrub care. The company also offers TruGreen Mosquito Defense to help homeowners combat mosquitoes and help protect their families. TruGreen believes more life should be lived outside and is committed to providing a beautiful lawn to serve as the foundation for outside experiences and lifelong memories. As the leader in the professional lawn care industry, TruGreen helps define responsible lawn care practices, conducts industry-leading education and training for our people, pioneers new application technologies and educates our customers on proper mowing and wise-use watering techniques. Today, there are approximately 260 TruGreen lawn care branches in the United States and Canada, plus about 35 franchise locations. Go to http://www.TruGreen.com or http://www.facebook.com/TruGreen for more information about TruGreen.