SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 28, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- WalkMe, the world's first Digital Adoption Platform and one of the fastest-growing software companies globally, is celebrating its 2018 key business achievements, marking a record year for the company. The company closed a $50 million Series F financing round, made a strategic acquisition, grew its customer base by over 50 percent, and won customer and corporate industry recognition, securing its position as the leader in the erupting Digital Adoption Platform (DAP) market.
WalkMe's DAP plays a critical role centered on helping enterprise organizations achieve a successful digital transformation by contextually guiding and automating the user experience using artificial intelligence, and analytics. In 2018, WalkMe's nearly 500 million end users worldwide used the platform to generate over 21 billion events including customized walk-throughs, pop-up notifications, smart tips and most importantly automated processes, which gave organizations the ability to close the gap between digital usage and technology investments. Thanks to WalkMe's DAP, its nearly 2,000 customers - which include 35 percent of the Fortune 500 - that used WalkMe in 2018 ensured full user adoption and successful digital transformation within their organization.
"2018 has been a record-breaking year for WalkMe," said Rephael Sweary, co-founder and president of WalkMe. "We focused on working with our customers to help them strategically implement DAP across their entire organization for all employees, giving them the tools to take digital adoption into their own hands. 2018 set the stage for global expansion, and I'm confident that our team will continue to deliver strong results this year as we continue to accelerate our market leadership and innovation centered around the future of work."
2018 wins include:
- Closed a $50 million funding round that was joined by Singapore-based EDBI to help accelerate worldwide growth and expansion into Europe and the Asia Pacific regions, bringing WalkMe's total amount raised to $217.5 million.
- WalkMe's rapid growth was demonstrated by expanding to 660 employees in seven offices across the globe in the U.S., Europe and the Asia Pacific.
- Strategically launched a series of new features to the DAP including the introduction of WalkMe ActionBot to automate complex tasks, WalkMe Automation to reduce time wasted on repetitive processes for both front and back office tasks; and WalkMe Growth Edition to help SaaS and web-based companies increase greater customer retention and business growth.
- Acquired machine learning company DeepUI, the company's third acquisition in 18 months.
- Recognized in Forbes' Cloud 100 list and named as one of the "Hot 100" privately-held software companies by JMP Securities.
- WalkMe's work with global biotech company Roche was honored with Constellation Research's Supernova Award in the "Future of Work: Employee Experience" category.
WalkMe pioneered the Digital Adoption Platform (DAP) to transform the user experience in today's overwhelming digital world. Using artificial intelligence, engagement, guidance and automation, WalkMe's transparent overlay assists users to complete tasks easily within any enterprise software, mobile application or website. Founded in 2011, WalkMe software is used by 2,000 enterprises globally, including 30 percent of Fortune 500 companies. For more information, visit https://www.walkme.com/.