HONG KONG, Oct. 11, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Global Sources Electronics, the world's largest electronics sourcing show, opens today and runs in two phases through Oct. 21 at AsiaWorld-Expo. The show features a range of products in more than 5,800 booths featuring suppliers from Greater China, Korea and across Asia. Attendees will be able to get insights into the rapidly accelerating innovation coming out of the region through Experience Zones, the Startup Launchpad pavilion, and the TEDx conference.
The first phase will run from Oct.11 to 14 and focus on home, office, and auto electronics; plus security products and electronic components. It will feature Asia's largest pavilions for in-car electronics and GPS and Hong Kong's largest computer peripherals, computer terminal and networking products pavilion.
The second phase, Mobile Electronics, will be held from Oct. 18 to 21 and is expected to showcase 2,300 booths of the latest smartphones, tablets, wearables, accessories and drones.
President of Global Sources (NASDAQ: GSOL) Electronics Group, Tommy Wong, said: "With a decade of accelerating innovation, our show has become a must-attend event for global electronics buyers looking for new products and suppliers. Global Sources Electronics show has gained the reputation as a showcase to discover the newest and most creative electronics coming out of China and Asia.
"Already the largest trade show of its kind, we are expanding our show to also become a platform where industry experts and thought leaders can exchange ideas."
Global Sources Electronics showcases Hong Kong as Asia's innovation hub
- With market size of Smart Home expected to reach US$71 billion by 2018, a new Smart Home Pavilion and Experience Zone will be introduced during the Oct. 11-14 period with more than 180 booths.
- Special zones for Next-Gen Components and Electric Personal Transporters will give buyers a closer look at some of the most in-demand products.
- TEDxHongKong2015, with its 'Lift-Off' theme, will be held concurrently with Global Sources Electronics show on Oct. 11.
The event is expected to attract a total of more than 50,000 buyers from 150 countries, including executives from most of the world's leading brands and retailers which include Acer, Amazon, Asus, Audiovox, Belkin, BenQ, Best Buy, Cisco, eBay, Foxconn, Fujitsu, Hitachi, Huawei, Intel, Lenovo, LG Electronics, Logitech, Microsoft, Panasonic, Philips, Samsung, Sharp, Siemens, Softbank, Sony, TCL, Toshiba, and many more.
The Global Sources Electronics show is complemented year-round by the industry's leading websites: Consumer Electronics, Security Products, Electronic Components, Mobile Electronics and Drones & Robotics. Each website delivers exclusive content, updated daily -- including Analyst's Choice which highlights the industry's newest and most important products.
Value-added services to enhance buyer and supplier efficiency
- New Request for Quotation system allows buyers to request and compare quotes, and communicate with suppliers through Global Sources Message Center.
- New Buyer App provides comprehensive show information including event preview, exhibitor details, a searchable online product directory and travel information.
- New Supplier App helps exhibitors obtain buyer information, inquiry history and respond to inquiries.
- Product Showcase enables suppliers who cannot attend the shows to present their latest products and generate buyer inquiries.
- VIP Buyer Office Suites provide selected buyers with fully-equipped, on-site offices for meetings.
- Conference programs where industry experts give their insights on the hottest 3D printing technologies, China sourcing strategies and e-commerce.
Opening hours for the show are:
- Oct. 11-13 from 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Oct. 14 from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Buyers can find more information about the Global Sources Electronics show and pre-register to attend at http://www.globalsources.com/exhibitions.
More information about Global Sources is available on the company's corporate site (http://www.corporate.globalsources.com), Facebook and Twitter (/globalsources).
About Global Sources
Global Sources is a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with Greater China.
The core business facilitates trade between Asia and the world using English-language media such as online marketplaces (GlobalSources.com), magazines, apps, private sourcing events, and trade shows.
More than 1 million international buyers, including 95 of the world's top 100 retailers, use these services to obtain product and company information to help them source more profitably from overseas supply markets. These services also provide suppliers with integrated marketing solutions to build corporate image, generate sales leads and win orders from buyers in more than 240 countries and territories.
Now in its fifth decade, Global Sources has been publicly listed on the NASDAQ since 2000.
SOURCE Global Sources