PARSIPPANY, N.J., April 3, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Wyndham Rewards®, the world's most generous rewards program, today announced the addition of new program benefits for its more than 70 million enrolled members around the globe—including the introduction of special perks designed exclusively for active and retired U.S. and Canadian military members and their spouses—all while officially welcoming more than 900 La Quinta® hotels to the program's award-winning portfolio.
Starting today, Wyndham Rewards members can begin taking advantage of the following:
- A Faster Way to Free Nights – With the introduction of three distinct redemptions tiers, free nights (go freeSM) now start at just 7,500 points per bedroom per night (half their previous redemption cost) at nearly 3,000 hotels while points + cash award nights (go fastSM) now start at just 1,500 points per bedroom per night, plus some cash.
- New Places to Stay - Through the addition of the La Quinta brand, Wyndham Rewards members now have more than 900 new hotels where they can earn and redeem Wyndham Rewards points, including hotels in key destinations like Dallas, Miami, San Francisco, Seattle and Toronto, to name just a few.
- New Benefits for Military Members – U.S. and Canadian military members (active, reserve, veteran or retired status) and their spouses now receive a complimentary upgrade to Gold level membership along with 1,000 bonus points on their first qualifying night. These benefits are in addition to existing discounts of 12 percent or more off the Best Available Rate at participating Wyndham Rewards hotels. (Note: Wyndham Rewards membership is not required to take advantage of the discount.)
"We're incredibly excited about what these enhancements mean for our members, as they're a direct response to what they told us they value most," said Eliot Hamlisch, senior vice president of worldwide loyalty and partnerships at Wyndham Hotels & Resorts. "As champions of the everyday traveler, our goal is to deliver a simple, generous program that offers rich, meaningful rewards alongside one of the largest, most diverse redemption portfolios in the world."
Earn on Everyday Purchases, Redeem for Incredible Rewards
In addition to the above benefits, starting today, members can take advantage of new and expanded partners making it easier than ever to earn and redeem points outside of hotel stays. Whether it's shopping for a new spring jacket or filling up at the pump, Wyndham Rewards is encouraging members to go for itSM, making the most of everyday purchases, earning and redeeming points toward incredible rewards. Among the many ways members will be able to earn and redeem:
- Shopping – Earn up to 10 points per dollar spent when shopping online through WyndhamRewards.com with select retailers, including popular brands like Target®, Apple® and Home Depot®. Plus, redeem points for merchandise, gift cards, air travel, car rentals and more.
- Gas – Earn points at Marathon branded gas stations on fuel and select in-store purchases, including 2 points per gallon of gas with MakeItCount™, Marathon's fuel rewards program. Also save 5 CentsOff® on every gallon, everyday. Plus, redeem points for fuel discount rewards starting at as few as 3,000 points.
Coming in the next few weeks:
- Tours and Experiences – Earn up to 10 points per dollar spent when booking tours and experiences online through WyndhamRewards.com with Viator and redeem points for tours and experiences starting at around 1,500 points.
- Food Delivery – Earn 250 points with every DoorDash order placed through www.wyndhamrewards.com. Plus, new DoorDash customers can earn 2,000 bonus points on their first order.
To learn more about the above Wyndham Rewards enhancements, including full details on new ways to earn and redeem, visit www.wyndhamrewards.com. A complete listing of Wyndham Rewards hotels, along with their newly assigned redemption tiers, is available at www.wyndhamrewards.com/locations.
About Wyndham Rewards
Recently named the number one hotel rewards program by readers of USA TODAY, Wyndham Rewards® is the world's most generous rewards program with more than 30,000 hotels, vacation club resorts and vacation rentals worldwide. Designed for the everyday traveler, members earn a guaranteed 1,000 points with every qualified stay and may redeem points for a wide-range of rewards, including free nights at any of more than 9,000 hotels or tens of thousands of vacation club resorts and vacation rentals globally through partnership with Wyndham Destinations (NYSE: WYND) and others. Join for free today at www.wyndhamrewards.com. You've earned this.®
About Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts (NYSE: WH) is the world's largest hotel franchising company, with approximately 9,200 hotels across more than 80 countries on six continents. Through its network of approximately 810,000 rooms appealing to the everyday traveler, Wyndham commands a leading presence in both the economy and midscale segments of the lodging industry. The Company operates a portfolio of 20 hotel brands, including Super 8®, Days Inn®, Ramada®, Microtel®, La Quinta®, Wingate®, AmericInn®, Hawthorn Suites®, The Trademark Collection®, and Wyndham®. Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is also a leading provider of hotel management services, with more than 400 properties under management. The Company's award-winning Wyndham Rewards® loyalty program offers more than 70 million enrolled members the opportunity to redeem points at tens of thousands of hotels, vacation club resorts and vacation rentals globally. For more information, visit www.wyndhamhotels.com.
SOURCE Wyndham Hotels & Resorts