LEHI, Utah, July 30, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The D. Gary Young, Young Living Foundation raised $1.2 million during the 2020 Young Living Virtual International Grand Convention, providing funds to support the organization's newly defined mission of protecting and empowering the world's young. The foundation also unveiled its first essential oil blend, One Heart, with 35 percent of sales supporting the foundation's initiatives, and kicked off new projects and partnerships.
"The 2020 Young Living Virtual International Grand Convention gave us the chance to come together remotely and celebrate the efforts of The D. Gary Young, Young Living Foundation, while we align on goals and projects that will guide our next decade of empowerment," said Jackie Skinner, executive director of global philanthropy at Young Living. "We recognize that our youth are the most vulnerable and exploited, but also provide the most significant capacity for change, and we are beyond excited about the new projects and how they will support this important mission."
The Young Living Foundation's new and expanded projects include:
- Cities Without Hunger. A nonprofit that is transforming unused spaces into community gardens in Brazil to help reduce hunger and nutrition deficiency. The Young Living Foundation is supporting the organization's efforts by funding a new school garden that will provide fresh produce for 812 students.
- Hope for Justice. An organization working to end modern-day slavery. The Young Living Foundation will expand its current partnership efforts in Cambodia, Uganda, and Ethiopia to include work in the United States, Europe, and Australia.
- Goals for Girls. A nonprofit using soccer to teach young women how to be leaders and change-makers in their own lives and communities. The Young Living Foundation will support the Goals for Girls Leadership events across the United States, India, and South Africa, bringing girls from diverse backgrounds together to work on leadership skills and inspire community change.
- Escalera. An organization located in Mexico's poorest state, Chiapas, in which only 40 percent of youth make it past 9th grade due to most families living on subsistence farming, and many children working instead of going to school so they can contribute to their family's income. The Young Living Foundation will provide funding to support Escalera's REACH program, which provides scholarships to students for every semester they attend high school,
- Global Artisan Collaboration: The Young Living Foundation has recently partnered with 15 women's groups around the world working in vulnerable communities, providing small capacity building grants to scale their businesses and expand their income generating opportunities.
Each of these projects were designed to further the Young Living Foundation's new mission to protect and empower the world's young. The foundation's key focus pillars will guide projects and initiatives moving forward, which are:
- Champion Education. Opening doors of opportunity through traditional and vocational education, skills building, and leadership development. Under this pillar, the foundation will focus on five key approaches: providing funding to schools, increasing access to education, supporting leadership development, enhancing skills training and funding higher education opportunities.
- End Exploitation. Protecting the vulnerable from losing their freedoms to abuse and human trafficking. For the past four years, the foundation helped accelerate Hope for Justice's efforts to put an end to exploitation in our generation, and each year, it has increased its support in this fight.
- Develop Enterprise: Empowering women worldwide to break the generational cycle of poverty for their children by investing in small business and fair-trade enterprises. Under this enterprise pillar, we provide micro-funding to women-led businesses located in areas of economic hardship. Investing in their small enterprises allows them to generate sustainable household income and provide for their children.
About The D. Gary Young, Young Living Foundation
The D. Gary Young, Young Living Foundation is committed to protecting and empowering our world's young. It is the primary philanthropic avenue through which Young Living Essential Oils and its member distributors demonstrate commitment to helping vulnerable individuals and communities worldwide. For more information, visit YoungLivingFoundation.org, follow @younglivingfoundation on Instagram, or like us on Facebook.
About Young Living Essential Oils
Young Living Essential Oils, LC, based in Lehi, Utah, is the world leader in essential oils, offering the highest-quality oil-infused products available. Young Living takes its industry leadership seriously, setting the standard with its proprietary Seed to Seal® quality commitment, which involves three critical pillars: Sourcing, Science, and Standards. These guiding principles help Young Living protect the planet and provide pure, authentic products that its members can feel confident about using and sharing with friends and family. Young Living's products—which all come from corporate-owned farms, partner farms, and Seed to Seal-certified suppliers—not only support a healthy lifestyle but also provide opportunities for over 6 million global members to find a sense of purpose and whole-life wellness by aligning their work with their values and passions. For more information, visit YoungLiving.com, follow @youngliving on Instagram, or like us on Facebook.
SOURCE Young Living Essential Oils