PLANO, Texas, Sept. 17, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- "Tablet down, let's go" says dad as the family preps for the road trip. They pile into their all-new 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback and take off on an adventure. Before you know it, the tablet is forgotten, and life takes over. This family is living life "Greater Than" before, and the Corolla Hatchback helped them get there.
Experience the interactive Multichannel News Release here: https://www.multivu.com/players/English/8391151-toyota-corolla-2019-hatchback-greater-than-campaign/
Toyota's new 2019 Corolla Hatchback national marketing campaign, titled "Greater Than", promises a vehicle that enables drivers to live in the moment and experience life to the fullest. The fun-to-drive hatchback evokes style without compromise while boosting Toyota's newest, most technologically-advanced features in a small car. The campaign highlights the fact that Corolla drivers continually carve out opportunities to come together with friends and loved ones for unique adventures and great times together. Because a life well lived is truly "Greater Than".
"With this campaign, our goal was to authentically connect with our target audiences in unique ways", said Lisa Materazzo, vice president vehicle marketing and communications, Toyota Motor North America. "We have created an assortment of intriguing executions that highlight the energy and excitement of creating new experiences and living life in the moment."
"Greater Than" features six 30-second spots created for TV and digital placements, as well as a mix of 15-second and 6-second spots. The fully-integrated campaign targets a transcultural audience with assets developed by three of Toyota's agencies of record, including Saatchi & Saatchi, Conill and Intertrend Communications.
Here's a glimpse of the 30-second spots by agency:
- Saatchi & Saatchi - three spots directed by Jones + Tino, 1) "Roots," in which a family experiences the joy of a spontaneous, fun-filled day, 2) "Piñata," where a group outing culminates with a birthday surprise and 3) "Scratches," inspired by an unanticipated journey off the beaten path.
- Conill - "Anthem", directed by Albert Uria, celebrates that the individuality of the target through a minority is greater than majority juxtaposition.
- Intertrend – "New Guy", directed by Lino Russell, in which the hero pursues an unconventional career path in eSports and "Catwalk", also directed by Russell, inspired by the strong trend of start-ups.
The print campaign featuring the unexpected Dirty > Clean, Lost > Found and Detours > Plans, raise the unspoken sentiments of living in the moment, embracing a new experience, challenging traditional stereotypes and pursing passions.
The "Greater Than" TV spots will air in select targeted cable programming across NBCU, FOX Networks, Viacom, Turner, A+E, ESPN, Telemundo, Discovery en Espanol, Univision and more. Additional elements of the campaign include dynamic digital, audio, and print ads in high profile publications across Meredith, Hearst and Conde Nast. New integrated media partnerships include Oath, imgur, ESPN Nacion, Billboard, e-sports, the 2018 Latin American Music Awards, drifting platforms and more. Additionally, spots will air within select movie titles in theaters nationwide in conjunction with National CineMedia.
About the 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback
The all-new Toyota Corolla Hatchback wows with a mix of style, dynamic performance and technology. It also features some powerful perks:
- First North American application of standard Toyota Safety Sense 2.0, with Lane Tracing Assist, Road Sign Assist, Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist, Full-Speed Range Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (automatic), Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (manual) and Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection
- All-new high-function, dynamic design
- All-new TNGA platform 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine with six-speed intelligent manual transmission or dynamic-shift CVT, offering more power, MPG and driving dynamics
- Standard Entune 3.0 audio with 8-inch touchscreen, wi-fi connect, Amazon Alexa and Apple CarPlay Compatibility
With two available grades, SE and XSE, the new Corolla Hatchback will accommodate a wide array of drivers ready to keep life interesting.
Toyota (NYSE:TM) has been a part of the cultural fabric in the U.S. and North America for 60 years, and is committed to advancing sustainable, next-generation mobility through our Toyota and Lexus brands. During that time, Toyota has created a tremendous value chain as our teams have contributed to world-class design, engineering, and assembly of more than 36 million cars and trucks in North America, where we operate 14 manufacturing plants (10 in the U.S.) and directly employ more than 47,000 people (more than 37,000 in the U.S.). Our 1,800 North American dealerships (nearly 1,500 in the U.S.) sold more than 2.7 million cars and trucks (2.4 million in the U.S.) in 2017 – and about 87 percent of all Toyota vehicles sold over the past 15 years are still on the road today.
Through the Start Your Impossible campaign, Toyota highlights the way it partners with community, civic, academic and governmental organizations to address our society's most pressing mobility challenges. We believe that when people are free to move, anything is possible. For more information about Toyota, visit www.toyotanewsroom.com.
Leigh Anne Sessions
Toyota Motor North America
Saatchi for Toyota
Saatchi for Toyota