SAN FRANCISCO, May 3, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The global agricultural robot market is anticipated to reach USD 8.82 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The agriculture industry is changing dramatically, across the globe. The growing technological advancements and innovations in robotics have increased the sales of the agricultural robots.
Indoor farming refers to crop cultivation using high-pressure sodium lamps or LEDs and growth in aeroponic and hydroponic systems. Additionally, indoor farming provides protection and optimal growing conditions. The use of this technology by small commercial growers for producing crops is expected to increase their capacity and economic viability.
The future of the indoor farming industry is technology and data driven. The climate control technology is enabling high yields. A farm management system helps growers in reducing the time spent on analyzing and collecting crop yield data. The growing adoption of indoor farming is likely to spur the agriculture robot market.
Farm employment includes exposure to pesticides, long working hours, poor sanitary conditions, and other health risks. Most of the agricultural work is physical in nature, which increases the risks of accidents by fatigue, difficult terrain, poorly designed tools, and extreme weather conditions. In addition to physically demanding labor, heat & sun exposure and dangerous machinery increase the risks of farming.
Based on working methods, the working conditions in commercial plantations vary from traditional intensive methods to highly mechanized extensive methods. However, only some of the agricultural workers are covered by employment injury benefits, national legislation, and insurance schemes.
Farming causes several respiratory hazards in farmworkers. Organic dust toxic syndrome (ODTS), caused by grain and silage dust, is a common respiratory illness prevailing among the farmers. Agricultural noise and chemical hazards are the other common health hazards of farming. Prolonged exposure to excessive noise produced by choppers, tractors, chainsaws, and grain dryers can cause permanent hearing loss.
However, lack of awareness and high initial capital investments are anticipated to restrain the market growth over the forecast period. The robots used for agricultural purposes require additional application-specific advanced processing equipment, resulting in increased capital investment.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Agricultural Robots Market Analysis By Product (UAV, Driverless Tractor, Milking Robots, Materials Management), By Application (Field Farming, Dairy, Animal, Soil & Crop Management), & Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/agricultural-robots-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Increasing privatization of agricultural resources and services are expected to drive the market demand
- Milking robots product segment is anticipated to dominate the market in terms of revenue over the projected period
- The growing penetration of vertical farming is likely to spur the materials management product segment
- The ability of drones to hover low over fields along with sensing devices has benefitted the farmers by reducing their dependability on climate
- The Asia Pacific region is witnessing highest penetration growth in the agricultural robot market and possesses greater growth opportunities for companies planning to invest in long haul
- The Chinese agricultural processes have been modernized by the introduction of the crop-dusting drones
- The key players of the agricultural robot market include CNH Industrial (UK), CLAAS (Germany), GEA Group (Germany), and Harvest Automation, Inc. (U.S.)
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Sapphire Technology Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/sapphire-technology-market
- Managed Services Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/managed-services-market
- Smart Water Meters Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/smart-water-meters-market
- Third Party Banking Software Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/third-party-banking-software-industry
Grand View Research has segmented the agricultural robot market based on product, application, and region:
- Agricultural Robot Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Driverless tractor
- Milking robots
- Materials management
- Agricultural Robot Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 -2025)
- Field farming
- Dairy management
- Animal management
- Soil management
- Crop management
- Agricultural Robot Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 -2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South America
- The Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- North America
Read Our Blog: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/blogs/technology
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.