SAN FRANCISCO, December 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
The global air core drilling market value is anticipated to exceed USD 1.45 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising investment in E&P activities across various unconventional energy sources to meet growing energy demand is expected to drive the market over the next nine years.
Air core drilling is widely used in soft rock and soil formations that do not need heavy machinery to drill to the desired depth. The samples produced are not damaged and can be easily analyzed which makes this method better than rotary air blast drilling. The technique is primarily used by mining companies which are looking for minerals that are well below the surface as it can reach depths up to 300 meters.
Additional benefits of this method include instant switch between complimentary drill bits, continuous sample returns, and reduced times in moving between boreholes which maintain the ore grade of the mineral samples.
Air core drilling takes longer time than other conventional techniques as the process is more accurate. In addition, the technique functions at water devoid, mature geographical areas and hydrogen sulfide zones which is anticipated to limit its usability.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Air Core Drilling Market Analysis By Application (Dust, Mist, Foam, Aerated Fluid & Nitrogen Membrane), By Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, MEA & CSA) Competitive Strategies, And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/air-core-drilling-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The global air core drilling demand exceeded USD 900 million in 2015 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.0% from 2016 to 2025
- Nitrogen membrane drilling is anticipated to grow at the highest CAGR of 5.7% from 2016 to 2025 owing to the ability to reduce chances of down hole fires and operating costs.
- Dust drilling demand in the U.S. is estimated to exceed USD56.3 million by 2025. High demand for this technique may be attributed to a large number of mature sedimentary basins in the country.
- The Asia Pacific air core drilling industry is expected to grow at the highest CAGR of 5.9% from 2016 to 2024 owing to a large number of upcoming E&P projects and the presence of huge untapped hydrocarbon reserves.
- Key players include Schlumberger, Atlas Copco, Baker Hughes, Weatherford, Allis Chalmers and Halliburton
- Harlsan is one of the primary suppliers of RC drill rods and air core bits to major mining players present in Asia, Africa, Canada, UK, and South America. Airdrill manufactures drilling and auxiliary equipment for oil & gas and mining industries
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Nuclear Energy Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/nuclear-energy-market
- Offshore Support Vessel (OSV) Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/offshore-support-vessel-osv-market
- Palm Methyl Ester Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/palm-methyl-ester-market
- Solid Oxide Fuel Cells Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/solid-oxide-fuel-cells-market
Grand View Research has segmented the air core drilling market on the basis of application, and region:
- Air Core Drilling Application Outlook (USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Dust drilling
- Mist drilling
- Foam drilling
- Aerated fluid drilling
- Nitrogen membrane drilling
- Air Core Drilling Regional Outlook (USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East and Africa
- North America
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.