SAN FRANCISCO, April 9, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global ambulatory services market size is expected to reach USD 4.3 trillion by 2026 registering a CAGR of 6.1%, based on a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Easy availability of advanced products along with technological developments in surgeries to reduce cost and treatment time is expected to be one of the key factors boosting the global market growth. Other prominent factors driving the industry include rising incidences of chronic diseases and growing geriatric population.
Key suggestions from the report:
- High government expenditure for the development of ambulatory facilities to increase accessibility and reduce treatment costs is expected to propel the market growth
- Primary care offices accounted for the largest share of the market in 2018 due to cost-effective treatment and easy accessibility for diagnosis and treatment
- Surgical specialty is anticipated to be the fastest-growing segment in the forecast period due to a rise in demand for minimally invasive procedures
- In addition, preference for nonsurgical and minimally invasive procedures has led to the growth of plastic surgery centers
- According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, in 2016, 7.6 million cosmetic procedures were performed on people aged between 40 and 54 years
- North America held the largest market share and is expected to retain its dominance during the forecast period due to the availability of advanced diagnostics
- APAC is likely to witness significant growth due to rising cases of angle closure glaucoma and myopia and development of emergency care outside traditional hospital settings
- Some of the key companies in the market are Surgery Partners; Envision Healthcare; IntegraMed America, Inc.; Symbion, Inc.; Terveystalo; NueHealth; Aspen Healthcare; and Medical Facilities Corporation
Read 100 page research report with TOC on "Ambulatory Services Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Type (Emergency Departments, Surgical Specialty, Primary Care Offices, Medical Specialty), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2026" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/ambulatory-care-services-market
Ambulatory services are likely to witness high growth in the coming years due to increasing number of surgeries and availability of same-day surgeries at low cost with better medical services. In addition, availability of private and public funding across various regions will drive the market further. According to the Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP), in 2014, 17.2 million surgeries were performed in Ambulatory Surgical Centers (ASCs) and 22 million surgeries in hospital outpatient settings. In addition, various M&A activities by key participants are anticipated to propel the market.
For instance, in December 2015, Premier Emergency Medical Specialists was acquired by AmSurg. This acquisition helped AmSurg enter the emergency medicine specialty. Technological advancements pertaining to diagnosis and minimally invasive surgeries are likely to reduce complications and help shorten hospital stays, thereby boosting market growth. For instance, in January 2017, Arterys, Inc. received FDA approval to commercialize Arterys Cardio DL, the first technology that uses a cloud-based deep learning algorithm for cardiac imaging.
Grand View Research has segmented the global ambulatory services market on the basis of type and region:
Ambulatory Services Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Primary Care Offices
- Emergency Departments
- Surgical Specialty
- Pain Management/Spinal Injections
- Plastic Surgery
- Medical Specialty
Ambulatory Services Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
Find more research reports on Medical Devices Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Glucose Monitoring Device Market – Increasing diabetic patient population coupled with rising awareness is expected to accelerate the progress of the self-care medical devices industry shortly.
- Beaker Market – Beaker market is expected to witness substantial growth owing to its increasing application scope in laboratory and medical research applications.
- Hematology Analyzers Market – factors such as the rise in public awareness and the consolidation of diagnostic laboratory chains have been driving the growth of the global hematology market, and the trend is expected to continue over the forecast period.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.