SAN FRANCISCO, June 25, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
The global animal feed organic trace minerals market is expected to reach USD 624.6 Million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Higher bioavailability or organic trace minerals in animals as compared to inorganic counterparts is expected to be a key driver for the market over the next six years. In addition, growing regulatory concerns regarding the hazardous effects of unabsorbed inorganic minerals is expected to further augment the demand for organic counterparts. Furthermore, inorganic trace minerals also affect the health of animals which has resulted in substitution by organic minerals in animal feed.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Animal Feed Organic Trace Minerals Market Analysis By Product (Zinc, Iron, Manganese, Copper) And Segment Forecasts To 2020" at:http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/animal-feed-organic-trace-minerals-industry
Increasing consumption of animal protein and dairy has resulted in increased demand for organic trace minerals as they are associated with improving animal nutrition and preventing/controlling diseases. However, stringent regulatory scenario, particularly through FDA and REACH has emerged as a key issue for market participants. In addition, R&D costs associated with developing organic minerals are higher as compared to their inorganic counterparts which lead to pricing issues. This is expected to adversely impact the development of the market over the forecast period.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Zinc was the highest consumed mineral and accounted for over 45% of the global consumption in 2012. The high consumption can be associated with multiple advantages offer by zinc such as antioxidant, tissue repair, wound healing and cofactor for enzymes. It is also expected to witness fastest growth over the next six years growing at a CAGR of nearly 7% from 2013 to 2020.
- The other commonly used trace minerals include Iron, Manganese, Copper, Selenium and Cobalt. Iron and Manganese were the second and third largest segments in 2012 and together accounted for over USD 110.0 million of revenue.
- North America was the largest regional market for organic trace minerals and accounted for close to 38% of the revenue in 2012. It is expected to be the dominant regional market by the end of the forecast period in spite of losing share to fastest growing markets such as Asia Pacific and Brazil.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing region in terms of organic trace mineral consumption because of the increased consumption of animal as a source of protein coupled with increasing awareness regarding benefits of these minerals in controlling and prevention of diseases. The region is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 7% from 2013 to 2020.
- Royal DSM NV was the largest company in the market and further strengthened market presence following its acquisition of Brazil based organic trace mineral company, Tortuga. The other key companies in the market include Tanke Biosciences Corporation, Ridley Inc, Zinpro Corporation, Archer Daniels Midland Company, Cargill and Kemin Industries among others.
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research:http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/food-and-beverages
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the Animal Feed Organic Trace Minerals Market on the basis of product and region:
- Organic Trace Minerals Product Outlook,
- Others (Selenium, Cobalt, etc)
- Organic Trace Minerals Regional Outlook,
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Food Emulsifiers Market Analysis By Product (Mono, Di-Glycerides & Derivatives, Lecithin, Stearoyl Lactylates, Sorbitan Esters), By Application (Bakery & Confectionery, Convenience Foods, Meat Products, Dairy Products) And Segment Forecasts To 2020
- Yeast Ingredients Market Analysis By Product (Yeast Extracts, Yeast Autolysates, Yeast Beta-Glucan, Yeast Derivatives), By Application (Food, Feed) And Segment Forecasts To 2020
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.