SAN FRANCISCO, January 23, 2019 /PRNewswire/ --
The global antibody drug conjugate market size is expected to reach USD 9.93 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. it is projected to expand at a CAGR of 25.9% over the forecast period. Increasing incidence of cancer coupled with growing geriatric population are likely to drive the market for Antibody-Drug Conjugates (ADC). Furthermore, major technological advancements are also contributing to drive the growth. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), the number of people aged 65 years and above, is projected to reach 16% of the total population by 2050 from 7% in 2000. Aging has become a substantial risk factor for numerous diseases including cancer and others. Hence, the growing geriatric population is expected to drive growth of the market over the forecast period.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Breast cancer was the largest segment in 2017 and is likely to witness a significant growth over the forecast period due to the factors such as availability of Kadcyla and high prevalence of breast cancer
- Cleavable linker is expected to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period as the maximum product in the pipeline contains cleavable linkers. In addition, in 2017 two new products-Besponsa and Mylotarg were approved in the market
- In 2017, North America was the largest revenue generating region in the antibody-drug conjugates market. It is the most well-established regions in terms of patient awareness and usage of ADCs and makes up most of the existing market
- The players operating in this space are F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd; Seattle Genetics, Inc.; Pfizer Inc.; Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited; AbbVie Inc.; Immunomedics; and ImmunoGen Inc.
- Market players are adopting strategies, such as introducing technologically advanced products, collaborations, and geographic expansions to increase their market share. For instance, Seattle Genetics collaborated with Takeda for developing brentuximab vedotin (Adcetris) for refractory/relapsed Hodgkin lymphoma.
Read 110 page research report with TOC on "Antibody Drug Conjugates Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Application (Brain Tumor, Blood, Breast, Ovarian, Lung Cancer), By Technology (Cleavable, Non-cleavable Linker), And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/antibody-drug-conjugates-market
Until 2018, four ADCs were available in the market, namely, Adcetris, Kadcyla, Besponsa, and Mylotarg. Due to appropriate targeting and improved technology, ADCs have been gaining a lot of attention from both small and large pharmaceutical companies. Currently there are more than 50 ADCs in clinical trials and it has been projected that during the forecast period three to four ADCs will be commercialized in the area of refractory Hodgkin lymphoma, glioblastoma, small cell lung cancer, breast cancer, and ovarian cancer. It has been observed that the maximum number of clinical trials are being conducted for lymphoma.
Seattle Genetics and Roche are leading the antibody drug conjugate market in terms of market share. Until 2017 only two ADCs were commercially available-Adcetris by Seattle Genetics and Kadcyla by Roche. Recently, two more Pfizer's products were approved to be marketed for acute myeloid leukaemia and acute lymphoblastic leukaemia. Hence, it has been estimated that over the forecast period, Pfizer is anticipated to gain a significant market share.
Grand View Research has segmented the global antibody drug conjugate market on the basis of application, technology, and region:
- Antibody Drug Conjugate Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Blood Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Brain Tumor
- Blood Cancer
- Antibody Drug Conjugate Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Cleavable Linker
- Non-cleavable Linker
- Antibody Drug Conjugate Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- North America
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Market - The global pharmaceutical manufacturing market is expected to witness lucrative growth over the forecast period, owning to the increasing prevalence of chronic diseases and the growing demand for medications.
- Inhalable Drugs Market - The Global inhalable drugs market is expected to witness a lucrative market growth over the forecast period owing to rising prevalence of chronic diseases
- Breast Cancer Drugs Market - The global breast cancer drugs market is anticipated to gain substantial growth over the forecast period owing to rising prevalence of breast cancer globally.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.