DALLAS, March 9, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- 7-Eleven, Inc. wants its customers to drink up … because the more often they do, the more FREE coffee, Big Gulp®, Slurpee® and Chillers® drinks they'll earn. Just launched on the 7-Eleven® mobile app is 7Rewards, an expanded customer loyalty platform that rewards customers with a free beverage for every six cups purchased.
Best of all, 7Rewards counts every 7-Eleven beverage – hot or cold – served in a 7-Eleven cup toward the seventh free. That means any six cups – any size and any drink – whether it's a large Chillers Iced Coffee or a small Slurpee drink.
"7-Eleven is a beverage destination for millions of Americans, with over 60 percent of our customers including a beverage with each purchase," said Laura Gordon, 7-Eleven vice president of marketing and brand innovation. "We know that millennials like to have plenty of choices and, hands down, 7Rewards offers more beverage variety than any other rewards program."
To participate in the new 7Rewards program, customers must use 7-Eleven's mobile app, available in the iTunes App Store or Google Play, and register as a member. In anticipation of 7Rewards, 7-Eleven updated its app to move the member's scannable barcode and digital punch card to the home screen for easier use.
Every time a customer purchases a cup, the cashier will scan the barcode in the app, and a "punch" will automatically appear within the app. Each purchase earns a punch that shows up as a star icon in the app. After receiving six punches, or stars, a "You earned a free cup" notification appears in the app. The punchcard process starts over once the free beverage is redeemed. Links to Facebook and Twitter on the app's home screen let the user tell their friends about their rewards.
"We have customers who come in every morning, like clockwork, for a fresh-brewed cup of 7-Eleven coffee, while others regularly treat themselves to a Slurpee or Big Gulp drink," Gordon said. "If you come in every day, scan your 7Rewards app barcode, you can get one free drink a week or even more, and that's our way of saying 'thanks' to our customers and letting them get more of what they want at 7-Eleven."
Coffee was 7-Eleven stores' first venture into serve-yourself beverages. The retailer was also the first to introduce self-serve soft drink fountains and is the exclusive retailer of the iconic, thirst-quenching Slurpee beverage.
7 REASONS WHY 7REWARDS IS THE BEST WAY TO EARN FREE DRINKS
- Buy 6-Get 7. Only six cups to get one free … not 10, not 12, not 711.
- Any cup, any drink. Mix and match your favorite 7-Eleven drinks – all of them. Like Coffee-Slurpee-Big Gulp-Chillers Iced Coffee-Slurpee-Slurpee … 7th drink FREE! Or Coffee-Coffee-Coffee-Coffee-Coffee-Coffee … 7th drink FREE!
- Any cup, any size. Mix and match cup sizes too, no restrictions. Like Small-Small-Small-Small-Small-Super Big Gulp … 7th drink FREE!
- Every cup counts. Not one per shopping trip or one per day. Coffee in the morning, Big Gulp at lunch, Slurpee after school, a Chiller later on – all count. Buy six cups at once and the next time, it's free. Heck, bring seven drinks to the register at one time and the seventh one is on the house.
- Refills count too. Have a refillable coffee or Slurpee mug? Each refill counts as one punch.
- That free drink? Also any cup, any size, any drink. So what if you bought six small Slurpee drinks. That seventh free cup can be an extra-large coffee or the biggest of Big Gulps. And if you have earned a free beverage and check out with both a small cup and a big cup, the free one will be the one with the greatest value.
- It's easy. The 7-Eleven smartphone app does all the work. When the 7-Eleven cashier scans the member's 7Rewards barcode in the 7-Eleven app for each cup purchased, it tabulates the number of cups toward the free one and notifies when a 7Rewards drink is earned. The number of cups – and 7Rewards – adds up fast.
About 7-Eleven, Inc.
7-Eleven, Inc. is the premier name and largest chain in the convenience retailing industry. Based in Dallas, Texas, 7-Eleven operates, franchises or licenses some 10,500 7-Eleven® stores in North America. Globally, there are more than 55,000 7-Eleven stores in 16 countries. During 2013, 7-Eleven stores generated total worldwide sales close to $84.5 billion. 7-Eleven has been honored by a number of companies, organizations and publications. Recent accolades include: Entrepreneur magazine ranked 7-Eleven as #1 on its 2014 Global Franchise Rankings list and #10 on its "Top 10 Franchises" for 2015, #2 on Franchise Times Top 200 Franchise Companies for 2013; and #3 in Forbes magazine's 2012 Top 20 Franchises to Start list. 7-Eleven is No. 3 on Fast Company magazine's 2013 list of the "World's Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Retail," among the Top Veteran-Friendly Companies for 2013 by U.S. Veterans Magazine and on GI Jobs magazine's Top 100 Military Friendly Employers for 2014. 7-Eleven is franchising its stores in the U.S. and expanding through organic growth, acquisitions and its Business Conversion Program. Find out more online at www.7-Eleven.com.
SOURCE 7-Eleven, Inc.