SAN FRANCISCO, September 23, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
The global bio-butanol market is expected to reach USD 17.78 billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Bio-butanol market is expected to witness significant growth in the next seven years owing to rising need for bio-based chemicals in place of petroleum based chemicals owing to their similar material characteristics, in addition to lower carbon footprints.
Tight raw material supply on account of food consumption being primary focus of corn and sugarcane is expected to be a major concern over the forecast period. Bio-butanol can be used as a drop-in replacement to petroleum-based butanol in all its applications. Depleting petroleum resources coupled with volatile oil prices has contributed towards the increasing need for bio-butanol.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Bio-butanol Market Analysis By Application (Acrylates, Acetates, Glycol Ethers, Solvents, Plasticizers and Others), And Segment Forecasts To 2022" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/bio-butanol-industry
Glycol ethers are expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.9% from 2015 to 2022, in terms of revenue. Rising demand for glycol ethers on account of their various applications including solvents in liquid soaps, cosmetics, cleaning compounds, resins, paints, perfume and inks is expected to fuel growth in the next seven years.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Prevalence of favorable government support for use of bio-based products coupled with stringent environment regulations on synthetically derived products is expected to augment growth in North America and Europe over the forecast period. Growing demand for greener paints and coatings in Asia Pacific has resulted in stimulating demand over the last few years. Low manufacturing cost and ease of refining is driving demand from various end use industries.
- Bio-butanol demand in acetates exceeded 780 kilo tons in 2014. Growing demand from the textile industry is expected to stimulate growth over the next seven years. They are increasingly being used in detergents, cleaners and polishes which has augmented growth.
- Europe bio-butanol market accounted for over 25.0% of the global market volume share in 2014. Government initiatives and stringent environment regulations has resulted in driving demand over the past few years and the trend is expected to continue over the forecast period. Presence of numerous manufacturers in Western Europe has been a major factor propelling growth.
- Green Biologics, Solvay, Butamax, Cobalt Technologies and Gevo dominated the global industry in 2014. These companies are integrated across various stages of the value chain. Integration across numerous stages of the value chain results in continuous raw material supply as well as low manufacturing cost.
- Advancement in fermentation and cellulosic extraction technology over the last few years has been a major reason for shifting trend towards bio-butanol. Joint ventures and alliances among various manufacturers and suppliers is a key feature of this market.
Grand View Research has segmented the bio-butanol market on the basis of application and region:
- Bio-butanol Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Glycol ethers
- Bio-butanol Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- North America
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Geothermal Power Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/geothermal-power-market
- Ocean Energy Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/ocean-energy-market
- Wave Energy Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/wave-energy-market
- Solar Cooker Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/solar-cooker-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.