SAN FRANCISCO, April 28, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global biohazard bags market size is anticipated to reach USD 472.3 million by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 5.7% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing population base, increasing awareness regarding the critical role of waste disposal in controlling human infection, and the rising hospital/healthcare standards in developing countries have together contributed to the market growth.
Key suggestions from the report:
- On the basis of material type, LDPE dominated the market in 2019 as they are most commonly used owing to their high strength, low material cost, flexibility, considerable durability, and transparency
- Based on application, the others segment accounted for the largest share in 2019 and is anticipated to witness significant growth over the forecast period owing to rising awareness among housekeeping staff about disposing infectious wastes in medical institutions
- Hospitals and diagnostic labs are expected to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period owing to growing patient population, public awareness about healthcare, and resulting increasing demand for routine diagnostic testing/routine check-ups
- Middle East & Africa is expected to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period, closely followed by Asia Pacific owing to increasing awareness regarding the need to properly dispose hazardous medical waste and constantly improving healthcare facilities in the region
- Key players in the biohazard bags market include Bel-Art SP Scienceware, Dynalon, Heathrow, Thermo Scientific, MiniGrip, TufPak, Cole-Parmer, and Fisher Scientific.
Read 90 page research report with ToC on "Biohazard Bags Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Material (HDPE, LDPE), By Application (Highly Infectious, Sharps), By End Use (Hospitals, Clinics), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027'' at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/bio-hazards-bag-market
Waste disposal in biohazard bags is a critical step in maintaining the healthcare safety standards of medical institutions. Medical waste disposal in biohazard bags ensures that infectious waste isn't exposed to the public and are disinfected or sterilized in a proper manner. Increasing awareness regarding hospital safety standards and investments by hospitals in maintaining their cleanliness are leading to increased use of biohazard bags, thereby propelling the biohazard bag market growth over the forecast period.
Biohazard bags allow proper handling of medical waste as the material used to handle medical waste needs to be tough, economical, and capable of creating an unbreakable containment. HDPE (High Density Polyethylene), LDPE (Low Density PolyEthylene), cellophane, and polyproylene are some commonly used materials for manufacturing biohazard bags. The materials and designs are generally autoclave safe, allowing them to be sterilized before disposal.
Grand View Research has segmented the global biohazard bag market based on product material, application, end use, and region:
- Biohazard Bags Product Material Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Biohazard Bags Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Highly infectious
- Other Infectious
- Chemical & Pharmaceutical
- General Healthcare Waste
- Biohazard Bags End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Pharmaceutical/Research Laboratories
- Biohazard Bags Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Find more research reports on Medical Devices Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Empty IV Bags Market – The global empty IV bags market size was valued at USD 2.99 billion in 2018 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.1% over the forecast period.
- Non-PVC IV Bags Market – The global non-PVC IV bags market size was estimated at USD 1.11 billion in 2016. Growing demand for preventive measures against errors, such as delivery of inappropriate dose.
- Hospital Microbiology Testing Market – Global hospital microbiology testing market is expected to witness lucrative growth over the forecast period owing to increase in awareness levels of people related to onset of respiratory infections along with other chronic problems such as inflammatory disorders.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.