SILVER SPRING, Md., July 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Finding great rates is a walk in the park! This summer travel season, Choice Hotels is inviting consumers to get out on the road and spend some time experiencing some of our country's top National Parks.
Don't miss out on these great one-of-a-kind National Parks:
- Acadia National Park – Near the coast of Maine and charming harbor towns, you can enjoy nature while you relax on sandy beaches or hike and bike along beautiful trails.
- Great Smoky Mountains – In Tennessee or North Carolina, experience diverse animal and plant life as well as the Southern Appalachian mountain culture at this stunning forest park.
- Harper's Ferry – Visit this historic Civil War community located at the confluence of the Potomac and Shenandoah rivers in West Virginia. The area offers museums, hiking, battlefields and events that commemorate the area's vivid past.
- Hot Springs National Park – In Arkansas, relax and enjoy therapeutic, soothing 143-degree thermal spring waters which provide the backdrop to an area of outdoor adventure and activities for the whole family!
- Mammoth Cave – Tour the world's longest known cave system which traverses more than 390 miles through Green River Valley and south central Kentucky.
- Mount Rainier – At 14,410 feet above sea level in Washington, this conglomeration of glaciers, wildflower meadows, forest, waterfalls and volcano is a must-visit for nature lovers and a staple of the gorgeous Pacific Northwest.
- Valley Forge National Park – The site of the 1777-78 winter encampment of the Continental Army in the Revolutionary War comes alive with a visit to Valley Forge National Park in Pennsylvania, a trip the family is destined to remember forever.
- Yosemite National Park – In central eastern California, explore a Sierra Nevada landscape of wildlife and wilderness including granite cliffs, waterfalls and unique animal habitats.
Consumers can also book great rates near some of these top National Park destinations at ChoiceHotels.com.
For more information about Choice Hotels or to book a hotel near your National Park vacation today, visit http://www.choicehotels.com/en/familyvacations.
About Choice Hotels
Choice Hotels International, Inc. franchises more than 6,100 hotels, representing more than 495,000 rooms, in the United States and more than 30 other countries and territories. As of March 31, 2012, more than 350 hotels were under construction, awaiting conversion or approved for development in the United States, representing more than 30,000 rooms, and approximately 80 hotels, representing approximately 7,000 rooms, were under construction, awaiting conversion or approved for development in approximately 20 other countries and territories. The company's Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Quality, Sleep Inn, Clarion, Cambria Suites, MainStay Suites, Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, Econo Lodge and Rodeway Inn brands, as well as its Ascend Hotel Collection membership program, serve guests worldwide.
Additional corporate information may be found on the Choice Hotels International, Inc. web site, which may be accessed at www.choicehotels.com.
Choice Hotels, Choice Hotels International, Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Quality, Sleep Inn, Clarion, Cambria Suites, MainStay Suites, Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, Econo Lodge, Rodeway Inn and Ascend Hotel Collection are proprietary trademarks and service marks of Choice Hotels International. © 2012 Choice Hotels International, Inc. All rights reserved.
SOURCE Choice Hotels International, Inc.